My development experiences: 'Jigglesaw'

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MHille, May 8, 2012.

1. MHille

MHille Well-Known Member

Well I just release my first app. One of the things that I like about these forums and indie developing in general is reading about the experience of other developers. So I’m going to force (yes force :)) myself to share some of my experiences in a blog.

Oh I should mention my app is JiggleSaw. It’s a little out there as far as game design goes. It’s exactly like an old favourite the jig saw except that the pictures are moving. So the puzzle is solved by observing the movement of the picture rather than the picture itself. The puzzle pictures are of foot prints, bouncing balls and items from nature like beetles and flowers. The pictures are very stylised and it’s their motion that is important. I should stop now or I won’t have anything to put in my blog.

My blog can be found at http://jigglesaw.blogspot.com.au

The question is can someone who has managed less than 10 forum posts in several years write enough to promote his app?

Matthew

2. AppVersal

AppVersal Member

Feb 29, 2012
    That's good. It is always a great idea to add value to the community.

3. chenpo

chenpo Active Member

Nice work MHille, I've found dev blogs to be really useful to myself as well, starting out as an indie which is why I've been making an effort to blog about my dev experiences as well. Keep it up!

4. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    Thats a good idea for a jigsaw game. Hope you will do well.

5. MHille

MHille Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

I didn't get much feedback about what people would like to know. So I'll just be writing a few more development stories and probably an update about JiggleSaw's launch.

Matthew