Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I expected the new background to be selectable from the menu and not that the original would transition into the forest ones.... but it's pretty distracting for me as well and it makes my eyes hurt a little.... The overall colors of it or something is the problem, the lab parts are much easier play on...

Overall i shouldn't call this the biggest update, the Mr. Cuddles update added more useful stuff than this one :)

2. EdS35

EdS35 Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Hi muscat. Love the update. Zigzagging is a really fun new mission. One sort of "bug" I noticed was that sometimes it would say I need to fly above 70 zappers in one game. But it would track the progress and complete across several games (to my relief actually!).

3. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    I had the same thing happen with 80 zappers. [​IMG]

Thanks for the updates, I love all of them! :)

4. Unreal

Unreal Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Does anyone know what you have to do for the secret achievement?

5. randomstep

randomstep New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    hint

Hint: think about the name of the achievement. (Thanks to Halfbrick twitter account for clueing me in...)

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..the first time I loaded the game after the update I happen to unlock the achievement
    cause I had the right equipment equipped.
    . At first I was like, what did I do. Lol..

7. 3izwiz

3izwiz New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    A suggestion to fix a minor annoyance

I've posted this on the openfeint's "suggest a feature" page, but I'm not sure anybody reads there.
    Anyway, I don't know if other people face this problem too, but I'll share and see.

When I play the game, I use my right thumb to play. But sometimes, my thumb covers the ! mark and the rocket ends up knocking me out.

This is just a suggestion for solving this. A small, maybe red arrow is put on the left side of the screen behind Berry. It follows an appointed ! mark so we know where the missle is coming from.

I'm sure a better way will be found, but I wish this problem would be addressed and fixed in future updates.

8. Unreal

Unreal Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't know how I didn't think of it. :eek: I read your post and it hit me right now. :D

9. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    I found another with 50 zappers. [​IMG]

I love this game so much, but it steals all of my time! I sit down to play only a few rounds, and suddenly, hours have passed! Do you get sucked into some sort of strange time rift when you play this game or what?

10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Another amazing update!!

11. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Can't wait to see this new scientist! And start flyin' with some new jetpacks.

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    a couple small changes they didn't mention:
    -changed font color for amount of coins earned if you have the counterfeit machine
    -made it so that when viewing your prestige badege you can change between ascending order and order you earned them

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Will the Christmas items in the Stash still be available in the New Year, even if you have not purchased them yet? Seems some games have extra characters or items just for the holidays and then are removed shortly thereafter. If we have a short window to get characters or items (and we know that), then we can go specifically for those ones. They did that with extra Halloween characters for Mega Jump and let us know in advance - now I have all of them permanently - which is cool.

14. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    That was added in the update before this one.

Anyway, i'll have to get back into the game... there are more jetpack that i'm still missing :)

15. -lambchops-

-lambchops- Active Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Australia
    My Jetpack Joyride RESET back to level 1!

I still have all my coins, vehicles and jetpacks.

But all scores are reset to Zero!

I was ~ Level 1700

[​IMG]

16. ultrakorne

ultrakorne New Member

Dec 17, 2011
    i've lost all my coins and unlocked items :(
    i just upgraded to latest versions.. and i only have my top score and badges... no items and coins..
    is there a way to restore my stuff?

17. karka

karka Member

Dec 18, 2011
    halfbrick ftw !! always great games // and great upgrades in this one

18. Dodge Mega

Dodge Mega Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Still no fix for the new high score gotten offline? My in-game profile and the sign at the beginning of the level both say 9666, but Game Center says 7187. Each update I keep hoping for a fix, but am now thinking maybe it can't be fixed. Not sure I'll ever beat that.

Also, I have never seen the in-game marker that shows you when you pass your friends' high scores. Not sure what to look for.

Otherwise, thanks so much for keeping the game fresh!

19. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I lost my money and purchased items too. But my stats and level remained. Later I logged into Open Fient and stuff I had purchased came back (available to equip).

Weird. God I wish they'd fix this. Annoying.

Also not sure how to find the Dragon Fruit achievement (don't spoil it for me) but I'll be aggravated if I have to buy another app just to get it. Fruit Ninja is ok, but nothing I'm looking to buy... :(

20. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I lost all my purchased items and coins, but managed to keep my levels / awards / achievements. I'm not too bothered.