Alternatives to Space Miner on iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Grimstone82, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a shooter similar to Space Miner on the iPad? That's one of my favorite games but I'm getting tired of playing it thru over and over.

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

It's kinda one of a kind, in terms of overall polish and replayability. I can't think of anything else like it exactly, except maybe galaxy on fire 2, which was also an incredible game. There's mining, shooting, and space. What more can you ask for? :)

3. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah, I have GoF2 and it is easily one of the best iPad games I've played. I'm hooked on these space games lol. I was looking at Warpgate but it's got mixed reviews so I dunno if I want to spring for it. That and Ultraviolet Dawn but once again, mixed reviews.

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I spent a crazy amount of hours on gof2 and warpgate lol. I personally really dislike ultraviolet dawn, it's just not for me.

Weird Worlds just came out for the iPad today, it looks like a mix between a space sim and a rogue like. Lemme know what you think of it if you do get it :)

Here's the thread
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=79479

5. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I bought Weird Worlds a couple hours ago, still on the fence about it. I've only played it for a half hour or so and it seems pretty cool, but I'm hoping there's more to it then what I've seen.

I didn't realize that there was a free version of Warpgate till just now, gonna download it and give it a whirl. Have you played Meteor Blitz? That game is pretty awesome.

6. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Meteor Blitz is ok, but you should check out Alien Space which is a much better deal. Both are fun space shooters, but Alien Space is Universal, has OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements, and is on sale for $0.99 (I mean, I think it still is on sale). So you basically get the iPhone and iPad both in one for 99cents. Meteor Blitz would be $8. =(

7. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I downloaded Alien Space, it's ok but I don't think it compares to Meteor Blitz. It has no polish whatsoever and sorta feels like a school project. I mean, it was only a buck so I'm not complaining but I'm looking for something that has some polish to it. Thanks for the recommendation though.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Heck yes, Alien Space provided much more entertainment to me than Meteor Blitz.

9. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    That's cool, everyone has different opinions, but I'll go ahead and disagree. I think Alien Space is just as polished as Meteor Blitz. In some ways it's much superior, like weapon selection. Meteor Blitz has 3 weapons, Alien Space has 8. Also, the bombs in A.S. are more fun to use IMO. I also bought it not on sale at $3 and still thought it was a good deal.