iPad Dungeon Raid (by Fireflame Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Question! Is there a cap on the amount of blunt and regeneration? I have 4 blunt and haven't got another blunt upgrade since ages! it would be nice if you could mention what stats have caps and what don't! :D

2. fireflame

fireflame Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    When you kill enough special monsters of any type, a trophy will drop, which will either level up your current class (unless it's Adventurer) or unlock a random other class. Each class comes with a race but at class level 5 you gain the option to swap that race for another

No cap on these two, but blunt gets harder to find the more you have of it

3. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    How does the "Unlock Changeling" achievement unlock?
    I leveled up a mage to 5, and nothing happened. Openfeint was on all the time, although in offline mode.

4. fireflame

fireflame Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Sorry, the race and class mastery achievements aren't being awarded correctly. I've submitted an update for this and you'll get the achievement when that comes through

5. Casmi

Casmi Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks

Thank you Fireflame for taking the time to respond to so many posts. You have done a fantastic job with this game and the continued support only makes it better. I have had it since the beginning and WOW has it changed.

6. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    The first time I got that achievement, I really burst out laughing. The name is just perfect.

The mimic sounds awful, I'm glad I have a bit of a heads up now. It'll be tough to keep an eye out for that one.

I agree that the difficulty of Hard is good as-is. If I can get by that early hump, I find it fun doing the "level up run" to get things going for the later stages. My later stages are nowhere near ArtNJ's later stages! :)

7. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    if u have time and energy, yes please.
    if not, id like added bonus to whatever im chaining for being creative...:D

8. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Had anyone else noticed increased battery drain from the update? It's hard to tell if there's larger drain or if I'm just playing the game so much it's killing the battery. :)

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Why is the cooldown on teleport lower than it is on banish, as teleport is better in every way? Banish (I think that is what the destroy a boss skill is called) in the 16-18 range would compete with teleport (which has a cooldown of 20), banish at 22 is just not good enough to take.

Make it a hard choice; right now, its not, you have to wait for teleport.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, I think 50k is still doable. I got 40k with adventurer with the main engine being grab all shields/double shields, 200% up, 200% gold, and +150% xp (never got enough +xp, had less then +100 most of the game). I also had teleport, which is useful for the hideous bosses, and disarm, which is a very sub-optimal choice. Potions for XP, magic sword, collect all gold, or double gold would have been much better choices. And I wonder about doing without teleport. 40k is only good for like 35th place now.

Perks & races might help even more. Mage + changeling, or Assassin + changeling (when I unlock changeling so I can move it) look like they would be more powerful than adventurer, particularly with some of the better perks & less harmful flaws added.

11. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Yeah, I think at this point it's a lost cause. I was just hoping to have it in my high scores list, but I think even trying to downgrade, it's not going to work. I wish there was a "save and quit" function.

12. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Ditto to this. I have never had a game make it to my "Favorite Games" folder faster then this one.

13. dizzydank

dizzydank Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Assitant Managing Editor - Games, AppTudes; TV/Mov
    portland, ME
    congrats to the dev, I've had Dungeon Raid for about three months, and it's one of the only games I play every day. Not only have you added a ton of stuff in-game, but you've added so much with the pre-game class selections and what not.

One of the best and deepest updates I've ever seen for an iOS game. Keep up the amazing work, and I look forward to seeing where you take this game. Can't say enough about how impressed I was with the update.

14. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #1014 mlkaufman, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    You think that's good? I had two ideas for UI improvments (show red/green for updates and have the upgrade meters show you how much your current selection would get you) that both got implemented in the latest release.

Fireflame is so responsive that even though I never got around to telling him (or anyone else) about my ideas, he still managed to pluck the ideas out of my head and implement them just the way I had pictured them.

Now that's a developer who's listening to his customers. :)

15. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Cool, thanks for the reply :)

16. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    My idea was to add arrow tiles... Thank you Fireflame for this great update :D

17. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I was in the same position as the other user. I don't think the problem is awesome skill. The issue is that it is some skill to get to about 40,000 points, then its essentially no skill at all to get to about 100,000 points, then it is almost impossible to get to 120,000 points.

I got to 40,000 points (due to pretty good play) and then I was so maxed out that I was upgrading ever turn. I was so high level as compared to the skulls, that it was almost impossible for an attack to leave me with less then full hits points at the end of a turn (because of blunting and regen). I grinded for a few hours trying to get to the end of the game, but ultimately I got bored at about 67,000 and started over again on harder mode.

I think it would be good if the skulls/specials ramped up faster at 40,000 or so points to keep the challenge there.

18. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Sounds great. One question. Will the universal version be a scaled up version of the current game, or will you do a larger grid? 15x15 Dungeon Raid would be fantastic.

19. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Hah! I finally managed to kill myself! Got a corrupter to drain my shields, and then an assassin to work on my health while I tried my best to do as little good to myself as possible.

6098 turns, 215542 score, and I can FINALLY start playing this new update!

20. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Sounds like you just created a new variant of the game for FF to give us. Start out with way too many upgrades and try to kill yourself.