What game does Square push out next......

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by florhackson, Feb 8, 2014.

1. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #1 florhackson, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    From it's past library?

Just post a game.

I think Secret of Evermore would be a decent game for them to bring out.

2 caveats. Must be within reason(works on the ios, not part of Nintendo, SMBRPG). Zero hints that we are getting it, or might get it.(Dragon Quest)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Either FF7 or Vagrant Story, 2 which are highly unlikely (but not entirely unlikely).

One that may possibly be ported that i want right now... Either Front Mission or Xenogears.

Yeah Secret of Evermore is pretty good too, but if they can release that, it would be better if they release Seiken Densetsu 3 instead.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    International releases of Dragon Quest series would make the most sense to me.

4. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Einhänder
    Brave Fencer Musashi
    Bushido Blade (swipe controls could be cool)
    Super Mario RPG :D

From what I remember of Vagrant Story, I think it would play well on an iPad.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It could, where instead of each of the attack buttons (square, triangle, circle) we could use swipes instead, but the flaw would be in how accurate that would come out to continue the combo. Else, they'd have 3 buttons that may end up looking ugly.

Anyways, Vagrant Story is my absolute favorite RPG of all time, and i'd fart rainbows out of excitement for that if it does come out on iOS.

I had it on an emulator on the ipad back when i had a jailbroken ipad, and it played so well, even with the ugly on-screen virtual buttons.

6. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Is kingdom hearts possible?

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, there is kingdom hearts on the PSP, or even just the Kingdom Hearts on the DS... Or was that on the GBA?

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ahhh Bushido Blade :) playing the sequel with RetroArch. Those were the days.

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    The first kingdom hearts was on GBA.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope. The first one was on the PS2.

11. florhackson

Nov 18, 2010
    Gah, I meant one not hinted at. There is zero speculation. And we all have speculation that we might get this game beyond japan.

12. florhackson

Nov 18, 2010
    Vagrant story was my favorite RPG.

13. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    They already have a workflow down for porting DS and PSP games, so I'd expect to see more ports along those lines.

For whatever reason, they've been extremely hesitant to do much in the way of ports with PlayStation era Final Fantasy games, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. It'll happen, but not next.

14. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I, for one, would also like to see Brave Fencer Musashi released on an iOS device. And of course, Vagrant Story as well.

15. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    It must be FF7.

They re-released it on the PC a year or two ago with some slight remastering so I think a port would be quick, easy and extremely profitable.

16. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    I choose Parasite Eve :D I'm not sure about the controls =/

17. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I know it would be extremely profitable, but for whatever reason, Square has been reluctant to port that game. They did release it on PC a year ago, but it was just an updated version of an old PC port from the 90s.

FF7 took forever to arrive on the PSP, and when it did, it was emulated from the PS1 version.

People would have lined up around the block then to purchase a widescreen PSP native build, but Square didn't bother with it. Doesn't bode well for the iPhone...

18. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Personally, I'd love to see more Tomb Raider games as well as a Hitman port: Legacy and Blood Money would by my favorite choices of these franchises!
    I'm a bit indifferent regarding Kingdom Hearts (played Birth by Sleep, and while I certainly enjoyed it, it didn't really feel like my sort of game), but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that franchise make its way to iOS.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    When I bought Vagrant story I had no idea what I was buying, and yes it turned out I loved that game and have loved it ever since, long since Ive actually forgotten almost everything about it.

Would love to see it ported!

FF7 is a given that I want it, but Vagrant Story would be my vote for which Id like to see next.

20. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    FF6: 2 - A prequel to the events of FF6. I dunno could be cool?