Best 2 player games to play with girlfriend?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Juxtapoz, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Juxtapoz

Juxtapoz New Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Just looking for suggestions, what the best 2 player games might be to play either on the same team or against a girlfriend. Thanks for your advice!

2. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    My favorites for frantic fun on the same iPad are: King of Opera, Mucho Party and Multiponk. If you're more the calm, tactical type, try Pickomino, Tiny Wings HD, Splendor or Elder Sign Omens. I have not tried the Tsuro app yet, but I read it's beautiful. The boardgame itself is very easy to learn.

3. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Pinwar

Tiny wings

Glow hockey 2

Ice rage

4. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Lucky guy, woman with same interest!
    Plants vs zombies is my recommendation.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    OLO and Microbattles 1 & 2 by Donut Games are good, there's also Faif, which is great solo too, but a live opponent is even more fun.

6. Juxtapoz

Juxtapoz New Member

Feb 4, 2016
    clarification: to play from separate phones

we want to be able to play the game when we aren't hanging out...like in different places, if that helps.

But thank you all for the suggestions so far, I'm going to check them out! Much appreciated!!!

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    He sure is!!! I've been trying to get my wife interested in ANY game for almost 35 years!!!!!! Unsuccessful the whole time, and I'll tell ya what! It's not for lack of trying!! She's just not interested in games at all! # Tenacious as always, I never give up, but I truly believe that I'll never get her to get into it! Getting old, for crying out loud! #

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh and 8-Ball Pool by Miniclip is great for that too

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Fingle. This is the only correct answer.

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Aim big! Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - seriously hardcore gaming, and you can hunt together too! Just stay retro on iOS 8.* and lower.

I've no illusions about getting my wife to play any games. I'm working on my five-year-old daughter instead...

11. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Tuokio makes a bunch of fantastic multiplayer games (like King of Opera) that work really well if your gf/bf aren't really into more serious games (in which case he or she would have their own device and you probably wouldn't be asking this question because there are so many great co-op games in iOS), and they are great because they can all be played in the same screen.

12. scandalff

scandalff Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Co-founder and project manager
    Turku, Finland
    For us it’s Rayman Legends. The visuals and music are relaxed enough for both of us to enjoy. With two players gameplay doesn’t get too chaotic, as it usually does with three or four players. Being able to combine our forces in game and work together feels great, you could say that it’s relationship therapy at its best ;)

13. Juxtapoz

Juxtapoz New Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Rayman Legends? Different title for iphone?

Thanks for the tip, i just checked the App store and i see Rayman Adventures, Rayman Jungle Run, and Rayman Fiesta Run. Is Legends not for iphone?

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    No, that's a console game. It is available on the Mac App Store, but not iOS.

15. TernTek

TernTek Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    Hmm if you guys are together, I can recommend our game Monster Medic. It is local co-op game where two people control the same spaceship on the same iPad. Its kind of like Geometry Wars meets Fingle.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Games my wife will play:

Carcassonne
    Wrestle Jump
    Soccer Physics
    OLO
    Ring Fling
    Draw Anything

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I gotta second OLO.

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Check out Tales from Deep Space by Amazon Studios. It's a puzzle/action platformer where you control two characters with different abilities, and it has fun co-op where each player controls one character. I know it works locally, not sure if you can play over wifi or not.

If she's more hardcore, definitely check out monster hunter or vainglory. Both would be really fun to play with her, if she's into it.

For local play, if you have an iPad check out Mucho Party. It's like Mario Party, but for iOS. Lots of really fun minigames. Not sure if that game works over wifi but I guess you can check.

Source: Am a guy who games with his gf