Universal [SE Soft Launch] Hero Academy 2 Realtime Tactics Game (by Robot Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    old soft launch thread

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #2 KeKhan, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    SE = Sweden
    Looks like it's out in Norway and Finland as well.

If you loved the original Hero Academy (who didn't???) then you'll love this.
    It's pretty much better in every way. I'll give more feedback when I can sink more time into it.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Would love to try this

4. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    The graphics, the animations are awesome. Really fun game.

5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Is this region locked as I've downloaded it with a spare SE account I've setup but it won't download additional content on launch, just an error message. Have redownloaded twice but same error.
    Thanks

6. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    No it's not region locked, maybe just maintenance?

7. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Oh ok, thanks KK, I'll try again later.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've been looking for this thread been playing since the weekend or so now and unlocked all 3 armies. Really not liking this as much as the original seems like more of a mix between hearthstone and the original but nearly as much as a cash grab as hearthstone and spending money will clearly help you win more in general.

I also dislike the change from async actually as the battles feel completely unrewarding as I couldn't care less about my rank, you should get gold for winning.

The battles felt more tactical in the first game to me and more fair. I also hate the the free chests are on a timer at certain times of day....I work nights so pretty much miss them all which doesn't seem fair.

9. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Still can't download extra data, says check internet connection, which is fine as shown by this post.
    After reading ste86uk's post however I'm not sure I'm gonna bother.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You should still give it a shot it's still decent but definitely more monetised for how the market is now compared to when the original released. It still is fun but not as good in my opinion, I've still beat players that had far better units than me just through skill but sometimes it's just so hard to overcome.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #11 ArtNJ, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Here is the thing about real time games which stratifiy users by the quality of cards obtained...unless published by a giant like Supercell, they fall off a cliff FAST since no one wants to wait tons of time for matches, so people start to leave when others start to leave -- chain reaction. I've tried a few of the decent Clash Royale clones, and this always happens - the upper ranks right below the pay user only ranks thin out first, and it usually doesn't take long. I'm completely uninterested in getting a Swedish account, since this will only increase your frustration -- once global launch comes out, you'll be too strong for everyone but the Swedes, and they will start leaving before you know it.

Wait for the US launch if you want to potentially enjoy this for a bunch of months. If you want something that may stay on your phone for years, Hearthstone or Clash Royale are still better bets, even if your starting now.

12. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    I hear what you're saying about games that fall off and are never updated. The original was updated for a good long while prior to falling by the way side.

I expected that the monetization would be more in line with today's market, but I still feel like this game could really be successful.

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is now soft launched in several countries including Canada. I downloaded and have to say I like it much better than the first, simply because there is more solo content and when the duels are played, you don't have to wait forever for someone to make a move.

14. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yikes, totally agree! The first was way more original with the pre-set races and focusing on learning each deck’s strength. This feels like every other deck building turn based game on the market. Just generally feels more shallow and designed to encourage micro transactions than promote balanced, clever play.

The lose of asynchronous play is a huge blow too. It’s a shame that there isn’t at least an option.

Overall the competitive nature and strategic focus of the first seems replaced by the now standard free to play need to collect. I get that that’s just the way games are now, but it certainly makes me nostalgic for games like the original.