is there a remote for Windows Media Player?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by organerito, Feb 4, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #1 organerito, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    I know there are many remotes and vcn apps, but I am looking for a remote like the Apple one where you can see artwork and playlists?

Thanks

2. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    Nobody knows?

3. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    with the iTunes one, it's made by apple so there probably isn't a WMP one. You can get just a remote app tho, with pause, skip, play, etc. but I'm pretty sure there are none like the Apple Remote (ie. showing all the info) for any other media player.. why not just use iTunes? It's not that bad.. well, not that bad for listening to music, most other features suck.

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Why not just using any app that can turns your iDevices into a wireless remote instead of buying separate remote app for separate media player (eg: VLC, XBMC). Something like QwasiPad that acts as a universal (multi-purposed remote control) will do.

5. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    I have Jaadu Vcn, which works as a remote. However, as I don't listen usually to my music where the computer is, I would like to change the music just as I can do with the Apple Remote. I'll take a look at the VLC one.

6. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    So if your not at your computer, there is no need to worry about iTunes hogging all your resources for your computer, so why not use iTunes and the Apple Remote app? If this is what you want to do, why not just do it? iTunes automatically converts you WMA music into AAC so there is no need to want to use your windows software at all.. plus you have an iDevice, so all your music should already be AAC and therefore it makes no sense why you want to use WMP in the first place..?

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, to get music on your iWhatever, you have to import to iTunes. Why not just use that? WMP is a bit of a hassle at times, plus, you have to reimport all your music. You confuzzle me :confused:

8. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    The Ipod touch is the only Mp3 I have bought from Apple. Most of my music is in MP3 format at 320 Kbps or WMA lossless. I don't want convert my music to AAC because it'll lose sound quality and I don't really use my Ipod touch or any ipod to listen to music.

9. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    You don't have to! MP3 could be used directly in iTunes and if you convert WMA lossless to Apple lossless you will not lose quality.

10. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    wait.. you bought an iPod, and don't listen to music on it? Well, that makes perfect sense..

And your not going to lose any sound quality.. any noticable quality anyway.

11. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    I use a a Zune to listen to my music because the sound quality is very good. As the great majority of my music is loseless, it makes more sense 120Gb than 8Gb. Zune's sound quality is warmer than the ipod touch's. I am in third year of a doctorate in organ performance. My listening works very well. Therefore, when you have a pair of Shure SE530 and my trained ears, it makes all the difference. So, it makes sense to me.

12. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Ok... I'm sure that there is a WMA plugin for iTunes somewhere. Maybe? Just use iTunes remote, with some WMA plugin. I can't help that you have a pet peeve with bad music.

13. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    the 2g touch and 3g phone have the best possible sound coming out. 5/5. The first gens are a 4/5.