rComplex (endless runner, due February)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fumbles, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    #1 fumbles, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    Just found this and noticed there isn't a thread for it yet. Looks sweet.

Like Canabalt, and many other auto-run platformers on the AppStore, rComplex is a continous running game, where you must guide a silhouetted character over and under on-coming obstacles as he attempts to escape the clutches of darkness that follows closely behind.

The origin of your situation is unknown and why the darkness is after you is un-clear. Along the way you must piece together events that lead to your current situation which unfold seamlessly in the midst of play. As well as quick reactions for jumping and sliding, you also have a weapon to hand. Apparently though your firepower is limited, and so it should only be used as a last resort to escape your impending doom.

The game uses Unity3D for its graphics, and it boasts a silhouetted look reminiscent of Limbo on Xbox, and the colour-coded obstacles of Mirror’s Edge iOS.

Homepage

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    looks amazing :) saw it on Pocketgamer few days ago, surprised no one posted a thread for it.

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    rComplex

"Let's get complicated"

:)

Anyways, there looks like there's a good amout of variety in this and I like the style, so I'll more than likely be picking getting it.

4. zombiesmoke

zombiesmoke Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I played the PC version a couple years ago, it's a beautiful game:cool:

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Supposedly coming out on the 28th.

6. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Looks schweet!

7. RawNuts

RawNuts Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I have to apologize for this; we missed our original intended launch date by quite a bit. We've been polishing the game a lot and making sure everything looks and plays solid. We really want it to be a solid game from the first version, so we're testing and fixing every issue we can find.

Once we submit it to Apple for certification, I'll post back with an actual release date.

Awesome; I'm the artist on this project so things like this mean a lot to me! :D

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions regarding rComplex, I'll be happy to answer them.

8. Wow this looks amazing. For some reason it reminded me of the movie Vanishing on 7th Street.

9. RawNuts

RawNuts Member

Mar 14, 2012
    rComplex has been approved by Apple and is going to launch on March 22nd!
    Ask me anything about the game in this thread. :)

Thanks!
    I figure it's the barren city streets; hopefully it's as eerie and surreal of a setting as I was shooting for.