iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. rapcoon

rapcoon New Member

May 17, 2012
    Thanks ctay.

2. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Hello again!

I was enjoying that battle so much I've just let my battery die... No Slo-mo for me for a while again... :-s

3. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Welcome back - and check you private messages!

4. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Wow.. This is superb game. The animation is very beautiful.

5. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Although the new levels were fun, it is unfortunate that the leaderboard continues to be hacked by cheaters. In addition, if the game's scoring is dependent on the idevice used, then the game developers need to fix those issues. It is not fair if I can stop the clock sooner on one level with my ipod than I can on my iphone4. Thanks FDG for CO #1. Now it is time to revise the game, fix the "glitches" and come out with a sequel ... CO2. :)

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Since they already have a "coming soon" icon in there, they would probably have to do at least one more set to avoid making it a false promise. Maybe two to make it an even 400?

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh joy, now we have at least two hackers on the iphone and ipad version (same two). Amazing how one of them just happens to always have exactly the same score on both, even though different hardware plays differently.

8. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1448 dabigkahuna, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe no one here to try this, but after some more experience on this game (thanks to Rapcoon), I'm hoping some new solutions can be found. I had beaten the game to death - playing every level that was below the maximum possible many more times every time new levels came out. After all that work, I sure didn't expect more points were possible. But Rapcoon found a bunch of levels where points could be picked up (usually 1 or 2 to get 991 on an iphone 4). With his help, I've now gotten max points on all but 50 levels.

Those who have been here before know different hardware has different possibilities. The annoying thing is how a simple level will get, for example, 991 on an phone 3GS but less than 980 - or even under 970 - on an iphone 4 (which I have). The darn clock just keeps running. And the reverse is also true. I don't think any hardware version is superior in EVERY level.

So, with that in mind and hoping there is a solution no one has discovered, I'd like to see people (especially those with ip4's) to try level 351. On my 3G, I can max out. On the iphone 4, I only get 968. I have no idea what other devices get at this time.

On my 3G, I just drop the wheels on the two platforms and one on the "pin" like posts on the left. I've tried other approaches as well on the ip4, including "jamming" two wheels between the oranges. But the timer just keeps going no matter what down to 968.

If you try this, please report even if you don't win - all that matters is the score on the counter when it stops if on an iphone 4 and it stops higher than 968. If you die, that doesn't matter.

9. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

964 here... :-(
    iPhone 4s

10. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I suspect you need to get slo-mo to get higher. I just lost it yesterday and when I tried today, I got the same score you did. But you're the first 4s user I've seen report scores so it may not be exactly the same possibilities. Hopefully more will report in.

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    While working on the 351 challenge, here is another I'm curious about - and it doesn't require playing any level a lot. Just check some scores.

Rapcoon had mentioned to me some time ago that no levels with 5 or more objects could reach the 991 point goal. I never had checked, so I went through all the levels, seeing which ones had 5 or more objects, and looked at my score list. Sure enough, on my iphone 4, none of them had 991. Anyway, here is the list of levels with 5 or more objects to drop. If anyone will check and see if you have 991 or above, I'd like to know the details (level, score, what device - and generation of device if it's an itouch).

All levels listed below have 5 objects if not otherwise marked. If more than 5, I list the number:

22 - 7 objects!
    73 - 6 objects
    99 - 6 objects
    131 - 6 objects
    170 - 6 objects

So, just 12 levels with more than 4 objects to check, assuming I didn't miss any. On my iphone 4, I can get 990.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Any one working with the iphone 5 and this game? I have it and have only checked a couple things, but need more testing:

1. I could get 991 on the first level.

2. I'm wondering if slo-mo doesn't happen with the new phone. I let in run over night and it seemed to be the same speed. That could be because it was just an odd result (I occasionally have almost no change when doing that with the iphone 4 but it's rare), or it slows down so gradually that more time is needed to make it obvious, or it just doesn't slo-down!

13. PèreGoriot

PèreGoriot Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Don't download the latest version: it crashes under iOS3.
    Previous version worked fine, but this one, sold as iOS3-compatible, doesn't run on iOS3.

___
    * Cover Orange [FDG Entertainment] (v2.5 os312)
    dyld: Symbol not found: __dispatch_main_q Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

14. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Whats with the patch notes saying "asdf" ? ...and thats it. :confused::confused:

15. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

The wrong patch notes come from an error, they should be corrected very soon.

We'll investigate ...but - the game will receive an iPhone 5 widescreen update soon. Unfortunately with the new Xcode the support for old iOS versions below 4.3 is not possible anymore.

16. PèreGoriot

PèreGoriot Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    At least, give a last iOS3-working version to people, before doing an iOS43-only version.
    Now people have a crashing iOS3 version; the previous working version has been overwritten. When the iOS43 version will come, people won't be able to keep the iOS3 version, because the iOS3 version crashes.

17. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Thanks, FDG, for the new levels ...
    :D
    think we have a hacker already tho. What do you think Big K? and when you going to get back to playing and pass me????:)
    ctay

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1458 dabigkahuna, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Probably a hacker based on points and sudden appearance.

Also because the 2nd hacker - who we KNOW is a hacker - has exactly the same score.

19. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    It is official. Big K you are the ONE! Congratulations.
    I hope some day soon the hackers will be removed and you can take a screen shot of your number one status on the gamer center leaderboard. :)

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1460 dabigkahuna, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    Thanks. Would be nice to get the top spot with the hackers gone. Apple really needs to make it possible to ban people who are clearly hackers. I think I've mentioned this before:

First make it possible for individual game makers to ban a player based on their Apple ID (so just changing their game name doesn't get them back in). Second, have a database of these banned players. If they get banned by "X" number of games, they are automatically banned from all of them - even if on some their scores are legit - as a serious punishment.

Don't know if they could hack around that. I would think they'd at least have to get a new Apple ID, but that, from what I've seen, can be a real pain. Even then, if they keep hacking, they'd just get banned again.

Sure, they could try to be more clever about it, but if they do much hacking, they'd have to be that clever every time. Most would slip up eventually.