Delta-V Racing [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chi, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

#1 Chi, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Hi all, I’d like to announce that Delta-V Racing will be released on the 25th July 2013.

Delta-V Racing is a universal iOS racing game featuring multiple event types as well as the ability to race the ghosts of your Game Center friends in all campaign events. The simple way to describe it is as a 2D version of Wipeout HD although it differs in a few areas such as it being a side-scroller, has tracks with multiple routes, and our stand out feature: friend's ghosts incorporated into every race.

DESCRIPTION

A retro styled, futuristic combat racing game that will have your palms sweating in minutes!

Snake your way through the galaxy’s finest race tracks, and charge to victory in some of the coolest ships known to man. Quick thinking and faster reactions are the order of the day. Race tactically; throw off homing missiles with decoy mines or risk the tight fast route to pull a chain-boosted lead then claim your victory from the tournament BOSS as you take him out with a Laser blast…

Can you take your place at the top podium on every event and become a true Delta-V Legend?

FEATURES

★ Race against the AI and friend’s Ghosts in all 36 events – watch them crash and burn!
    ★ Work your way through 8 unique ships, each with different performance, defence, and loadout capabilities.
    ★ A totally original, thumping soundtrack by (UK Industrial Breakbeat legend) DeathBoy.
    ★ Cloud saving ensures you can resume your game on multiple devices.
    ★ Designed and balanced for gamers who enjoy a challenge, so no In-App purchases!
    ★ More tournaments and features coming soon for no additional cost!.

TRAILER

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Can't wait for this!

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This is probably the only 2d racer that I would play over something like an Asphalt game. That's how good it is. Now, it's just my opinion, but I think this is the best 2D racing game (and beats a lot of 3D ones as well!) that I have played. I can't wait for the launch.

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #4 iANiMeX, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Played the beta and I must say that this is one of my favorite 2D racing game on the iOS. Can't wait for the official launch on the App Store. Definitely getting this one on day one.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Umm, it using drag to control right? Seem a fun game, will follow this one.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I enjoyed the beta. When I first say the screenshots I was skeptical, a 2D racer didn't immediately appeal to me. However, there are some very well implemented features that suck you in like the weapons found in the description above. It plays a lot like Mariod Kart 2D trying to either outpace or violently elemenate your foes. The levels designs are really nice too with obstacles places requiring careful steering (but at optimal speeds). Since there is a trade off between speed and precision it's a fun balancing act. The Game Center friend ghost feature is really cool too, it saves your friend's run and inserts him/her into your game.

7. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #7 Capricornman, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    This was a great game to beta test and the developer was incredibly helpful through out. The game itself is adrenaline inducing and addictive. Racing against your friends is quite challenging and rewarding and frustrating too:)The graphics are excellent for a 2D racer and the ghost feature mentioned above is very useful. The controls are easy to learn and as the game gets more intense strategy becomes very important. Very few games like this on the App Store so I heartily recommend my friends to pick it up upon release. Much work went into creating such a great game it deserves much attention.
    PS: the music in this game is fantastic and gets your heart racing....trust me!

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Although I was crushed by iANiMeX and a few others during the betas I still enjoyed it a lot and its actually still installed on my devices ( syncs between them perfectly) they really worked hard to fine tune the controls and took a lot of the testers advice to heart. The final product should be a great game for sure

9. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I also beta tested Delta-V Racing and I agree with everything the other testers said. At first I was not a big fan of the controls but the dev improved them and now they work nearly perfect. Definitely recommended when it hits the AppStore :)

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Real fun game and it is a different kind of racer then what's normally on iOS (which is great). A different must get.

11. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Music

Thanks for the nice comments!

The full extended cut of the soundtrack for the game is available to listen to at http://spacehopperstudios.bandcamp.com

12. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Controls

You slide your finger up and down anywhere on the screen to move your ship up and down, and tap anywhere on the screen to fire the weapon you are currently holding.

13. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Ok thanks for answer, i will take chance to get this :)

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was one of those who played the early beta and didnt like the first version of the controls, but i grew to like it over the course of the changes. A good take on the 2D runner/racer formula.

15. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    #15 Biggavelli, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    I also beta tested this, (cool Dev, open to ideas & changes.)

When Delta-V Racing comes out Buy it.

16. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I've tested this game too, and was really glad to do this, because this game is composed of nice graphics, smooth animations and competitive game idea. Must have:)

17. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Will it support iCade?

18. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Yes, it already does.

19. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    what is the price? if it's under 4.99 it looks like a day one instabuy for me.

20. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

That's great to hear! It'll actually launch at $1.99, but now that you're talking about under $4.99 I should maybe raise the price? ;)

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that it will be launching next week Thursday (25th) so not long to wait now!