Universal Scotland Yard - (by Ravensburger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 16, 2012.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I can get behind #1... But #2?? No. This is based on a classic board game. It's like wanting a different board with Life, or the original Monopoly. It's not the best game in the world, but it is a classic taste of nostalgia and even so, it's still one heck of a game.

There are some similar games of this style that may see a port, but I think adding other maps to this would take away from the honesty of the game.

2. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    But it's been done. Look at the four-year-old Nintendo version. With an exemplary clearly laid out screen design for the small NDS touchscreen, much more playerfriendly than the iPhone version. And a better A.I. See my first post on page 1.

3. On sale for a short time only!

★★★★★ Scotland Yard has been nominated in the category „Bestes Jugendspiel“ (best game for young adults) for the “Deutscher Entwicklerpreis” (German Developers-Award). We are celebrating with a short sale. ★★★★★

Grab it if you haven't already: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id494302506

4. Now with iPhone 5 display support!

Tonight we've released the long awaited update for Scotland Yard which now supports the iPhone 5/iPod Touch 5th Generation display/resolution. We've made some optimizations to the small buttons/gui on the iPhone as well so.

Download now and have fun: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id494302506

Cheers,

Ravensburger Digital

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    BUMP!

This is currently on sale for just a dollar. I bought it and I am enjoying it. There is a nice tutorial to help get you started.

6. crispin

crispin Active Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Stuck in the tutorial as it doesn't let you type the message. How do you force quit in ios7?

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Double tap the home button and swipe the Scotland Yard screen up

8. crispin

crispin Active Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Thanks! Had no idea about that.

9. Rendar100

Rendar100 New Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Hi, i bought this game to play in my ipad air, but when i try to do the Tutorial i can't see the text, please, do you know how to fix that problem?.

Thanks.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This is one of the good examples of games that are updated to support 64 bit unexpectedly,I'm suggesting you to already start buying 32 bit apps but we still have time until August.