iPhone The Creeps! HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RegularStormy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Any chance of an iPhone port... The Creeps! 2, maybe??? ;)

2. babegallery

babegallery Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hi, one more question for you. I have both the iphone and ipad game. It seems like the iPad game has about 1/5 the maps.

Will more be added soon?

Thanks

3. #23 RegularStormy, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
    More (free) levels are in the works already, but I don't have an estimated release date yet.

1/5th is quite an exaggeration by the way :) The Creeps! HD has 8 Survival and 8 Endurance levels... Not counting DLC, The Creeps! has 12 each. So yeah, it only has 2/3 the NUMBER of levels right now, but the levels themselves are much larger and many levels have the new Battery Tower.

*edit: Corrected 3/4 -> 2/3. I fail at math :p

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
  5. Hah oops. Corrected :eek:

6. TonyBadGuy

TonyBadGuy Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    looks pretty cool, its this like a tower defense type game?

7. Franco

Franco Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Yes, it's a TD game, possibly the finest one at the app store.

8. babegallery

babegallery Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Ah, yes, you are right...sorry about that.

Only reason I ask is because the game is so awesome!
    Keep up the good work :)

9. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Any chance of a port? New towers look awesome... :( :*(

10. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I really hope these new towers come to the iPhone/iPod version. You could also make ice towers maybe? That would be really cool. Some other kind of "spike" tower like bloons tower defense 3. I LOVE this game, it's WAY better than Fieldrunners and every other TD game. I've already beat every level on every difficulty level :D

11. Froschi

Froschi Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Hamburg, Germany
    I'm a bit irritated: So it's all new maps (which are hard as nails btw. - I didn't manage "Charge!!" yet) in Survival and Endurance - but the help screen talks about Door Buster as well. Are they well hidden somewhere or is it just the iPod help which isn't correct in some ways? That would also explain the missing information about the batteries.

12. There was a last minute problem with the Door Buster levels planned for the initial release and they were temporarily cut :(. I forgot to remove the description from the help. The good news is that I'm working on an update which includes Door Buster levels (free, not DLC) among other various additions and improvements.

FYI, the battery towers boost the damage of adjacent towers. The towers will eventually drain the battery and the battery will poof away when it's totally used up. High damage towers (like the flashlight) will drain batteries faster... it's all proportional. Batteries are purchase with sparks, not coins. You need to collect the sparks given off by the sweaters that start off hidden in the presents. Up to 4 batteries can be used to boost a single tower (the effect DOES stack, so you make an amazingly powerful tower with 4 batteries). Or you could have a single battery boosting up to 4 towers. But each tower drawing power will drain the battery, so this arrangement will drain the battery much faster.

13. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Any news on the release date for the update? Any news on some possible DLC? I purchased the new DLC for the iPhone yesterday, and now my iPad is jealous.

14. Thanks! Your support helps me keep making updates (to both The Creeps! and The Creeps! HD). The update for The Creeps! HD is well underway, but it's still going to take a while. I'm nowhere near ready to even guess when it will be ready. But an update IS coming! Thanks for being patient :)

15. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

...takes a deep breath and asks... any chance of an update? ;)

16. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    Good question.
    This guy works solo on this project so I know it will take some time.

Having said that.. When can we expect an update? :cool:

17. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #37 mlkaufman, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
    Or at least an update on the update. :)

18. Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since there's been news of the update. It's still in the works, but I'm dealing with some major family issues right now, plus my "real" job has me working a ton of overtime. I can pretty much only sneak in a few hours of work on updates on weekends. As much as I want to finish the update, family has to come first. Thanks for understanding.

19. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

No worries, RegularStormy... we just miss you! ;)

I'm still having a blast with the 'regular' version... but each time I think about this in HD, my palms become a little sweaty! :eek: The iPad is seriously lacking in many great TD games! Keep up the good work! :D

20. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    Damn striaght!
    Take care of that then get back with your second family over here.:cool: