Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ok, I understand. Unfortunately it seems that there is no viable way of getting donuts outside of buying them.

2. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I want this game!! Cant wait any longer!!

3. Gerbs

Gerbs Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I suppose the "5 day mystery box" mechanic might result in free donuts? I'm on day 5 tomorrow, did you (or anyone) get yours today?

4. GreyDawn

GreyDawn Active Member

Feb 6, 2009
    This EA freemium game is broken in the exact same way as Theme Park:

Premium currency is too scarce & pricy, as items that can be bought with premium currency cost FAR too much. You have to spend around $50 just to get a feature building and hundreds to get them all.

EA simply has been failing to recognize an acceptable freemium model.

5. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    I got my first 5th day mystery box a couple of days back.... 10 Donuts!

Set some tires on fire. Read a post that the squeaky voice teen doesn't pay out.

I think the premium currency is competitively priced to Smurfs. That's another $50-100 game. What scares me more (and it has happened to me) is the BIG BUG that may hit you when you visit a friend.

6. Sarahmorriss

Sarahmorriss New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Add me sarahlynmorriss

7. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    Aw shucks... Can't have more than one lemon tree...

8. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Lemon tree?

I got a useless $250 from my mystery box. Yay :(

9. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    I don't even bother with the mystery boxes. The Buddha ones contain the good stuff.

10. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    #70 iZombie, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    What does the Buddah Homer do? :)

11. Whodares99

Whodares99 New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Add me

Add me whodares99

12. Yovanovich

Yovanovich Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Worth buying? First game from Simpsons franchise was not so good as I wish.

13. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I'm three donuts away from a buddah ... So I'll never get one

14. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    Well, it's free so it'll only cost you your time. It's a fantastic game and I'm totally into it. It has minor problems with stability and network performance but I expect them to get sorted.

15. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    release

so is this game going to be available to the US tonight or available sometime tomorrow?
    Release is March 1 but I thought most big games were on Wednesday's now.

16. Gerbs

Gerbs Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Got my 5 day mystery box today. 10 Donuts, not too shabby. I'll definitely have to purchase some donuts to get some of the better stuff. Nerdy teen sounds promising? 150% increase for job xp and cash.

Has anyone had a problem with the game sort of, losing actions upon lock and resume? I've had a few instances where I complete a job and assign a new job, but next time I go back in all of the old jobs are still waiting to be completed. I've gotten a "mission complete" popup twice doing this. I doubt I'm getting double rewards, and assume that my progress is for some reason just not being saved.

17. furrot

furrot New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Game Impressions

I'm starting to think this game has some serious bugs. I was just going through my friends list, joining towns and completing things, when all of a sudden I joined someone else's town logged in as them. I had compete account access. The dollar and experience values were not my own. I never thought to look at donuts. I decided against tempting vandalism after rotateing a building to test my access and closed the app.

When I logged back in my town had been scrambled. The buildings were intact and in the proper locations but the ground tiles were a horrible mess of pavement and water and grass. The extra land tiles that I had purchased also became completely different some extended out in different directions, others greying out buildings.

I tried to force quit the app and then come back in and now it crashes when it loads my town. Same story on the iPad. I am extremely happy that I didn't purchase any donuts. It's nice to test out in smaller regions but game breakers like this are pretty serious and it's not ready for prime time.

To sum up this titles game breaking flaws:
    -A bug exists which allows for unintentional unauthorized account access
    -A possibly related bug can cause world and account corruption to the point of being unable to play
    -Users on the app store are reporting issues purchasing donuts and not receiving them
    -the app cannot connect after resuming and generally needs to be relaunched

18. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Yeah! Out internationally! Great game!
    Btw what does the homer statue? In its description it says; gives you premium items. What do they mean?

19. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    New bug.... now when I click on the dollar signs, or thumbs up when jobs are done and to collect tax, you get the sound, the icon disappears and you get neither xp or money...

Is this happening to anybody else?

20. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    I have the nerd. The 150% increase is just for himself. Not all.

Yeah, if you exit right after collecting reward or assigning jobs, the status won't get uploaded and when you come back nothing's been done. A way around that for me is to go to the list of friend's towns and come right back to my own. Takes forever due to crappy network code in the game.