Amber Route WILL BE FREE by April 30th 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale

Amber Route

Mobile Wings Interactive LTD.
    Amber Route is a trip to the land of the Slavic beliefs, monsters and magic. Might and magic, heroes, destiny, order and…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Amber Route is a trip to the land of the Slavic beliefs, monsters and magic. Might and magic, heroes, destiny, order and chaos, duels, fate, monsters and adventure. In this game full of surprises embark on a dangerous journey leading his caravan through more and more new areas. The path which you will defeat is however treacherous. At each step, they will persecute traps, sinister creatures and ancient magic. To win, plan your moves carefully, protect ambers, gain extra bodyguards and try to reach as soon as possible to your destination. Amber Route turn-based game will satisfy even the most demanding fans of board games. The game offers four types of gameplay. So we try our hand at Campaign mode, where we are waiting for as many as 20 boards, play one of the special missions in Single or stand face to face with the enemy using the options Duel (playing on one device) or Multiplayer. The game also offers three difficulty levels, and more than a hundred unique cards. Note: In order to ensure the smooth running of the game on older devices (iPad 1 and iPhone 4) it is recommended to disable large applications running in the background.
    Information
    Seller:Mobile Wings Interactive LTD.
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Feb 25, 2013
    Updated:Apr 19, 2013
    Version:1.3
    Size:129.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Mods don't like me saying "will be free tonight". Anyway, I played the demo and found it to be a quite enjoyable boardgame-style...game. Any one who likes light strategy, board games (it feels like one), etc. should give this a shot for the price of...well, the price of air.

2. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Awesome... also enjoyed Amber Route Free

3. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Looks pretty interesting, but doesn't look like it has iphone 5 support. Will still lock. Thanks for the notice.

4. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It got mixed reviews here IIRC, but the lite version was pretty damn fun, IMO. I must have forgotten to buy it...or something was ahead of it in my "que".

6. reflipp

reflipp Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Indeed,free now :)

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Been interested in this for a while. Looks neat, but the lack of screen rotation (though they apparently use it in pass and play) is really annoying.

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Arrgh, wish it had GC multiplayer...It HAS online multiplayer, but no lobby, no nothing. I have no idea how or where it's connecting to.

Apparently this is either based on Slovakian (IIRC) mythology/lore or a game which is based on the same. The artwork and music is really fantastic. Gorgeous cards, really...great color pallet too, everything is done in deep shades, a lot of off-white/yellow-white, like an old parchment, etc.

9. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I skipped this originally as it just seemed to be yet another Two Towers clone, but it is actually far and away the best game of this genre available for iOS. Easily recommended.

10. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    bump

free again = fun

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Looks good!!

*downloads*

No!!! The screen doesn't rotate, dammit thats soooo annoying :(

Now I have to delete what could be a really good game, shame. :mad:

12. Greyskull, you da man! Thanks!

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, mrbiggles. Great news.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

/facepalm

Do you actually like ANYTHING at all?!? Sheesh. The lack of screen rotation automatically writes off what is otherwise a fun game?

15. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I like a huge amount of games, currently I'm enjoying: 9th Dawn, Ticket to Ride, Ace Patrol, Bastion, Iesabel, Starbase Orion, Space Agency and more.

I only complain about the lack of rotate as I am disabled and use my ipad in a stand which makes it hard to take it out for games that do not rotate and thus its easier to not play them which is a shame.

16. andsoitgoes

Mene, trust me when I say I appreciate the struggle a disability can impact our ability to play games, and I hope I've not embarrassed you in needing to justify your case, though I thank you for being open to doing that.

I would strongly, strongly urge you to contact the developers, I think I had to email them back when I bought the game at launch, and they replied back fairly quickly. This is a very minor adjustment, and I will keep my fingers crossed that they can fix this for you. Keep us posted, please?

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I'd guess roughly that still 10–20% of the games don't support auto rotation. Or it doesn't correspond with the Game Center Box. That's an annoyance even for non-disabled.

Apple should shout that in a box when somebody launches xcode in the first place: Please click on auto rotation before you publish an iOS app!

18. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I emailed them and asked them politely if they would consider adding it to the next update.

I won't hold my breath but you never know.

19. andsoitgoes

Agreed! I think they've done it to make duel more easier, maybe?? Who knows, but it's an annoyance PRIMARILY when using the iPad. I generally use my iPad plugged in, so the layout for AR means I have to screw around with my charger location.

I will do the same. While I clearly don't have as extensive a disability as you, I understand how something that might seem insignificant to some, but others it completely ruins the experience. Issues like the slide to end turn on Eclipse, the horrific hit boxes and click points on Talisman and the list goes on. For me, they make the games very difficult to deal with.

I'll email them too, mene. The game is fun, and it's worth trying.

20. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    bump free

Amber Route

Mobile Wings Interactive LTD.
    Amber Route is a trip to the land of the Slavic beliefs, monsters and magic. Might and magic, heroes, destiny, order and…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Amber Route is a trip to the land of the Slavic beliefs, monsters and magic. Might and magic, heroes, destiny, order and chaos, duels, fate, monsters and adventure. In this game full of surprises embark on a dangerous journey leading his caravan through more and more new areas. The path which you will defeat is however treacherous. At each step, they will persecute traps, sinister creatures and ancient magic. To win, plan your moves carefully, protect ambers, gain extra bodyguards and try to reach as soon as possible to your destination. Amber Route turn-based game will satisfy even the most demanding fans of board games. The game offers four types of gameplay. So we try our hand at Campaign mode, where we are waiting for as many as 20 boards, play one of the special missions in Single or stand face to face with the enemy using the options Duel (playing on one device) or Multiplayer. The game also offers three difficulty levels, and more than a hundred unique cards. Note: In order to ensure the smooth running of the game on older devices (iPad 1 and iPhone 4) it is recommended to disable large applications running in the background.
    Information
    Seller:Mobile Wings Interactive LTD.
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Feb 25, 2013
    Updated:Apr 19, 2013
    Version:1.3
    Size:129.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal