Playstation now coming to IOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fastbridge, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I know that sony is releasing there streaming service playstation now. At launch they said it would be available on Bravia TV's and vita. Followed by tablets and smart phones. I saw a video of the last of us running on a tablet and a vita and I was impressed. I was planning on buying a new tv this year and I was lolling at sony so this will just make my deduction easier. In theory all I will need is my tv, a internet connection with 5mb up and down (I have 50 up and down) and a ps4 controller and I can play any game right on my TV. This sounds so awesome and I think it'll be the future for gaming. My question is do you think Apple would approve this app or shut it down like Onlive??

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sounds like something apple would disagree with, and then they'd create their own 2 years later.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If the service makes it to iOS... I'd sign up :) but it ain't gonna happen

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Wait, don't you have to own the systems? You would need a ps3 with the copy of the game, right? I don't think sony is stupid enough to cut down on their sales.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, no, you wouldn't need to own the original game. The details haven't come out yet, but apparently you would rent the games, rather than buy them; there's also likely to be a subscription fee as well. If it's anything like OnLive, the pricing model is not that much cheaper than retail-box games.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The only weird thing is, sony did say you need a ps4 controller even if you don't own ps4. So how would it work with iOS ? I doubt apple will certify the ps4 gamepad

7. Come on sony, make playstation joysticks for ios!