Apps won't download over wifi (iPhone 5, ios 6)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by thesharkden, Sep 24, 2012.

1. thesharkden

thesharkden Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hey guys,
    Just activated my iphone 5 last night and having a great time with it so far. After all my apps installed and my phone was ready to party, I noticed something wrong with the app store.

My apps will not download if I have wifi turned on. I can purchase and install something over 4G, but if wifi is turned on the app sits there at waiting. This means I can't download the bigger games to my device because they require wifi to download. Any body know a fix for this?

I already tried restarting my phone and stuff, btw.

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah yeah all these bizarre wi-fi problems. ios 6 has issues for sure. the night i upgraded my device i could not even use the wi-fi cause it would not connect at all.

if everything else works with wi-fi (it's only the app store that won't use it) then i would recommand to just wait it out for a few hours.

3. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Resolved?

I have the same issue... just says "waiting". Were you able to fix this?

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You might just need to do the old fashioned computer synch with lightning connector in the mean time. I've had the waiting thing happen a few times when I tried updating over wifi but then synced with my computer and it installed properly.

5. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Figured it out...

It turns out that my iTunes was synching my music and vids from the cloud, had about 83 items downloading.

Once they downloaded my apps started to download.

It turns out that when it says "waiting..." it really means waiting. Just doesn't tell you what it's waiting on. ;-)

6. Epen99

Epen99 Member

Sep 4, 2013