Business Card Thread

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TinyTechnician, Aug 30, 2010.

1. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    I don't have a business card for myself or my company but I was thinking about making one.

Actually what sparked it was the Business Card Sampler on Moo.com

Link is here, not sure when it expires: http://us.moo.com/uploader/?type=businesscard&pack=10&promotional=1&ppid=113

I thought this was a good opportunity to put something together and get some free prints...you know, see how it looked before dedicating the funds for a pack or so.

Most in here are small-time indie devs like me so I thought I'd check-in and see what everyone else has put together.

So if you don't mind sharing a pic of the front and back of your business card...please post em on up ;-)

2. BlueSolarSoftware

BlueSolarSoftware Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Austin
    I've already printed out two sets of business cards. I feel my second design is much better than my first based on other cards I have collected. I leave the back empty so people can write whatever notes they want. I've taken my address out for various reasons, and I'm wary of having my phone number on there. Other than that, you can put your email, linked in, twitter, facebook, website, etc.

3. BlueSolarSoftware

BlueSolarSoftware Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Austin
    I've already printed out two sets of business cards. I feel my second design is much better than my first based on other cards I have collected. I leave the back empty so people can write whatever notes they want. I've taken my address out for various reasons, and I'm wary of having my phone number on there. Other than that, you can put your email, linked in, twitter, facebook, website, etc.

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Not a dev, but this is what I use for handing out to readers, writers, publishers, etc.
    [​IMG]

The back is blank.

5. TinyTechnician

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Wow, I didn't really even think about making the back blank.

For some reason I envisioned the front to be some kind of logo/design and then when you flip it over there would be my info. But I see how maybe having a good blank space somewhere for notes would come in handy.

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I had thought about putting some stuff on the back, but the fact is, most people don't look at the back of business cards; it's normally a quick look at the front and then into the wallet it goes, so I didn't see the point in spending more money for something that wouldn't be used.

7. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    [​IMG]

(sorry for the long image - from the header of my website)

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nice card, and GBA micro!

9. TinyTechnician

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, nice card HeadcaseGames ;-)

So I'm assuming the back is blank then, correct?

10. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    yup, just white on back.