RPG dry period, coming soon isn't good enough!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Deuz, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Deuz

Deuz Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Sweden
    #1 Deuz, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    This far 2012 has been really low on good RPG releases.

Where are the games? (Ravensword, IB: Dungeons, Legend of Grimrock, Baldurs Gate, and all the other ones)

Been through my purchased apps list now for the fifth time, in the quest for the lost forgotten all ready played masterpice.

Can't stand it any longer!

Weightless birds and big headed cartoon strategy won't get my money.

Please share some maybe hidden titles or release date for the good RPG to come. :)

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You really seem to forget that those mentioned Games aren`t created over Night and all of you mentioned Developer/Publisher do indeed have yet other Project they are working on too.

All those Games you have mentioned won`t appear on the Appstore for at least a few more Months so you should take the time to explore in the meantime other Genre or you won`t find some Peace.

If you don`t find them on the iOS/Android Store you still could check out some of the older RPG Games on the PC or on the Console since their are enough to keep you busy till you die.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    Saturday Morning RPG, the next RPG release, is coming early April. Cthulhu Saves The World port is apparently nearly completely and was suppose to release first quarter. Grinsia was just released and Kemco will probably drop a few more JRPgs. There are a few lower level Quest expansions coming. Maybe Shadow Sun will eventually come out. Kairosoft has a dungeon/RPG sim that will likely come to american market at skme point. I have heard rumors of sequels for Wild Frontier, RPG Quest Minimae, and Guardian Saga that may or may not come out. Exorcist is an action RPG that might come to ios soon fron Android but is past due. Kirin Wars Episode I, Battle Eternal II, and Oceanhorn all show credible progress. Buttonhack is a pending roguelike. World Without End is a SRPG that may. It have made funding but if so Spring release. Search upcoming forum for titles if you want more info.

I feel your pain...

4. Deuz

Deuz Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks for your advice. :)

D3 beta is running hot at home.

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Same here. To the OP, maybe you can get Chaos Rings 2, although the price is quite high. For me, I'm finishing Aralon, again, for the 3rd time. After this, might finish Zenonia 4 finally (unbalanced IAP turned be off before). Maybe some Order and Chaos here and FFT there while waiting for Ravensword 2, Oceanhorn and the rest. Also, D3 is coming out this May, should be a HUGE game to play while waiting for these games to come out.
    Also, anyone with more ideas to burn or maybe "shorten" the waiting time?

6. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    RPG Quest - Minimae II is still in progress, but we've been focusing on getting some of our other smaller games done and out the door first. RPGs really are a lot of work.

Once we've got Super Splatform and another P1XL Party update done, we'll be back on Minimae II full-steam. We posted some preview pics on our Facebook page late last year: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150095215321640.276523.151542796639&type=3

I'm really looking forward to a Guardian Saga sequel!

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I really, really recommend Grinsia. I'm about 7 1/2 hours into it, and I'm finding that it captures the spirit of the old-school JRPGs better than pretty much anything else on the platform (besides the SNES ports, that is). The combat is a bit simple (though not mindless, especially when facing bosses), but the game does some fun and clever things with its day/night system and really encourages exploration without requiring ridiculous grinding. The story is familiar but competently told, and there are even a few poignant character moments (though the overall tone is fairly lighthearted).

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #8 undeadcow, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    Apparntly Lunar Silver Star Story port is complete but pending some sort of approval. Developer has cited completion and rights holder has indicated green light but there is some mysterious hold.

Looking forward to RPG Quest Minimae 2!

9. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    If you have a problem with the lack of RPGs coming in 2012 (I know of half a dozen good looking ones) then surely it would mean you have a problem with the ones that are already out.

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Would you care to make a contribution by listing them? Perhaps there are some I'm overlooking.

11. Deuz

Deuz Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Sweden
    Undeadcow: I must say that your IOS RPG list are impressive, very good work! :)

Squarezero: I'll will check Grinsia out on your recomendation. I have dissed it earlier, but will give it a second chance. :)