Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Noblemen takes place in an alternate reality late 19th century, with a mix between early WWI, American civil war, and a dash of steampunk technology. The game consists of 2 main parts: a large scale strategic overworld, and 3rd person, cover based battles.

More about gameplay... In the strategic overworld, players will build regiments and armies, move them across the map, capture lands, bombard enemies from long range, siege forts, and more. Players will change the battle through the use of Battle Cards, which can be anything from adding equipment to regiments, building special building, recruiting special units, adding special abilities, inhibiting the enemy (things like starvation, bad weather, etc), and more. We're trying to create a very dynamic battlefield with the use of the cards.

When 2 armies end up fighting, battles take place in 3rd person. You play as a hero character, taking cover and fighting the enemy alongside your own troops. In this part of the game, players will also be able to enter a command screen to give specific orders to units (such as flanking, switching targets, etc) - however, we've designed the AI to be pretty smart so you will only be giving broad commands to units; they'll handle things like taking cover appropriately on their own. We also have varying degrees of difficulty, so easy difficulties will include better automated AI.

Notably, we've tailored the game to be playable for tons of different levels of players, from hardcore fps players, to those that might struggle with 3d games on mobile. In battle, we have an auto-battle option if you want to just spectate and enjoy watching the battles (you can still give orders to your units and even control you hero from a top down strategic view if you want). You can "pop-in" and "pop-out" of auto battle whenever you want during a battle, allowing you to take control whenever you feel you need to, or want to.

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    #2 Kimchisoju, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Um yes please!

There are not that many games on the App Store that are like this and i'd love love love to help you make this the best experience ever. Maybe the next ESport? Who knows, but i can imagine a game where you watch the battle on auto, then jump in where the enemies are winning, jump back out, throw a few troops to take advantage of your hole you left and watch more until you win. This sounds amazingly intense and intriguing to me. Im all in my good sirs!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yeah. Just like I was in with War Tortoise and fell in love with that game from the beta this game sounds freaken amazing!!!! Can we pre order?? Lol

Billy

4. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    #4 luckystrikeguy, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Oh this looks so good. I'm all over this when it comes out. Will this have mp?

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I should have been personally contacted about this. Haha ;) looks amazing!

6. Dustfinger

Dustfinger New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Epic!

I have played Heroes and Castles 2 for over a year now! And I can tell you guys there's nothing more I have loved than that game! It's amazing! Now I am so excited for this game. I haven't played war tortoise and I didn't because I'm not much of a fan of shooting games but noblemen sounds awesome! The ideas behind it is what is just extra orderinaly thought out and I can't wait to try it! Thank you Foursaken Media for all these great games you make!

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I dig the theme A LOT!

8. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Yassssssss

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of a game like this, for any platform.

It also feels like a natural culmination of all previous Foursaken titles*. "Oh, so you say we do nifty genre mashups and create original iOS titles? Silly TA writer, THIS is what we were building up to all along!"

* There will be a mad army chef in base, suicide bomb runs by gnome copter, and insect death squads, right, Foursaken?

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I will gladly purchase this right now just for a preview taste. I hope they charge at least $10 at least

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    THIS IS SO EXCITING, woooo!

12. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Questions ......

Are there different heroes ?
    Can you customize your hero?
    Do you move freely or is it sort of like epoch ?

So the over world part is sort of like risk with a card game infused ?
    Are there different cards to get ?
    And lastly will this be premium with your usual unnecessary iap ?

Sorry I know it's just announced and still early in development but the post doesn't state much as far as details.

13. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    How do you earn battle cards?(ex. do you open them in RNG chests?) And do they have levels on them where you have to find multiple copies to upgrade them?

14. Findalflin

Findalflin Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Take my money and time!!!!

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Jcho.. ayjona.. jared... etc. Everyone's back just in time for Thanksgiving and a good old fashion FM game reunion :D

I'm scared my ipad 4 is out on this one... maybe time to upgrade?

16. WhatsMyUserName

WhatsMyUserName New Member

Nov 19, 2016
    I love you guys, easily one of my favorite developers not on just mobile, but in general.

Looking forward to this game for sure!

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

One hero, with 4 classes. Each class has a few weapons to choose from and gets some basic bonuses based on that class. There is also randomized equippable armor, similar to what there was in HC2.

The game is totally free move, but we've tried to build in as many ways to play as possible. This includes playing like a typical 3rd person shooter for one, but we also have some things like a cover button that allows your character to auto run to the nearest cover you're looking at, as well as the auto-battle toggle which puts your hero into AI mode (which you can toggle on/off freely at any time during a battle).

And yes, I'd say Risk is a good baseline idea for the overworld, in the sense that you will be building, moving, positioning, repositioning, etc your units. When you engage a battle on the overworld, you then fight it out on the ground. It creates some interesting scenarios where you may be outnumbered for ex, requiring better play from your hero to come out on top!

There will be quite a few battle cards. Right now, you will automatically unlock cards based on your player rank, which increases as you play. Also, you don't build a deck in Noblemen, as the cards you choose from at any given time are from a global pool that both you and the enemy chooses from.

Re: price, we're not sure whether it will be free or paid quite yet. Either way we'll make sure that the game is 100% balanced, playable, and most importantly fun, without the need for IAPs.

As of right now, cards are automatically unlocked as you progress. As mentioned above though, you don't create a deck in Noblemen... cards are drawn from a global pool that both you and the enemy can play from.

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I also forgot to mention that the shooter aspect of the game includes some cool bits such as bullet drop from gravity and precision aiming. Hit detection is accurately modeled - for ex, you can shoot into the slits of a steam tank to hit the crew, damage the wheels of vehicles (if your shots can pierce the armor there), target weak armor spots in order to better penetrate, shoot in between (or avoid) the armor plating of heavily armored units, head shots, etc.

19. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    So cool! I'm picturing an accessible war game with the action of gears of war shooter battles. If that's even remotely close then this will be so much fun and right up my alley. Thx for the response awesome as always !

20. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Can we drive any vehicles?