AmpliTube (iPhone/iPad) $19.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by wakaranai, May 12, 2015.

1. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    #1 wakaranai, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#2 Habakuk, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    As far as I can see it's not a price drop, a freebie or a deal. They just changed it to freemium (in game's terms). Not true. Sorry. Read on please.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow, that's sad for people who already bought the app. :(

OTOH, it's always had IAP, so I'm not sure if there's less to the app now or not. (I like JamUp and ToneStack better...)

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It states in the App describtion:

***SPECIAL IK GIVEAWAY! GET AMPLITUBE FREE (NORMALLY $19.99/19.99) FOR ONE WEEK ONLY!***

;)

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    After looking at it, I can confirm this is the regular version which contains more than the FREE/LE versions.

If you are interested at all, I'd recommend snagging it. It's not the best effects/amp sim, but plenty good for free.

And - you don't need a guitar to make use of it - the effects work great with other sounds/synths/etc using Audiobus/IAA/audio copy/song importing/microphone...

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Okay. I have to correct my previous posting. It's a time-limited sale (of the regular app price) indeed. The IAPs were there before already. Sorry.

Here you have a demo video from 2010 (the latest app update was mid 2014):

Have a look at the crazy price changes of the "full" version @ AppShopper. The price of iPhone and iPad versions was always the same.

7. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Can you please tell me if the drummer loops are included or IAP? My amp has plenty of built in modes so I'm just looking for some drums to play along with.

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Downloaded both versions-at free, how couldnt I?

Btw-a better app (in my opinion), is currently on sale: BIAS.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #9 drelbs, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Agreed, but its (and JamUp's) future is uncertain with the release of Bias FX, although it will share settings with BIAS (and therefore usable with JamUp that way...)