Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    THANK YOU very much for such kind words. It is players like you that keep us going strong!

Truthfully, it was a very tough decision and one we wold make again under the circumstances, but the goal is for it to provide continual update rather than simply abandoning the game.

Thanks again!

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Agreed. It's a dishonest practice that's becoming super common. Early adopters of Rune Raiders are the latest victims.

3. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks to Everplay for fixing iCade support. Only just discovered this improvement. Loving it!

4. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    ;-) Happy to oblige!

5. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    An update is in submission which revises the difficulty that some players have mentioned.

6. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Well Left2die is the most recent game to go Free 2 play for Everplay, figured it would only be a matter of time

7. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Spellgod cap?

Here's a suggestion: I don't know about other users, but I don't like having items that say "???????????" instead of telling me how to achieve the thing. I've completed all missions, I'm maxed on everything, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the Spellgod Cap.

Would be nice to know how.

8. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Anyone know if this will be getting the iphone 5 update? I sure hope so because playing these games is hard to do without the widescreen support due to the buttons being closer to the middle of the screen.

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It went up to 99 cents now...thought it was F2P?

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    It used to be free, but not anymore. We tried doing it "all free" but we got a lot of hate compared to a paid download, so we are finally switching back.

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh ok cool. It is a fun game though. Can't wait for the new games to show up

12. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks!

Once Ace of Blades comes out, we may make Spell Sword free again for a week or so.

Our next games are Rock Blocker, coming out early February followed by another much, much more hardcore arena game that will be announced Friday.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Sweet. So when is the date for ace of blades?

14. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i hate having paid for this app only for it to go F2P... I never downloaded the update tnx to implementing a system for "F2P" players...

Good to know it's all going back to normal

15. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    if i'm not mistaken what i get was that the game will remaing the same f2p but now you have to pay to get it

Lets hope i'm wrong and spellsword becomes again like it was during release that way i could reinstalled again

16. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    I don't get it, when is it supposed to get interestig? All it seems to be is walking around doing nothing

17. Szei

Szei Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Pianist
    #637 Szei, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    I saw this game in the AppStore and it looked like a lot of fun. I would be glad to pay $4 or $5 for it if not for the iAP and questionable business decisions. Unfortunately I don't trust Everplay enough to buy anything from them at this point.

People like you make me lose faith in the future of the gaming industry. Encouraging this kind if behavior is despicable. It is one thing to release a SEPARATE free to play version, and another thing to alter a paid version to a free to play version. I understand the pros of a free to play model, but it also has significant flaws. Why not make them separate so people can choose? Instead Everplay chose to compromise the integrity of the game (changing difficulty) and converting to a freemium "gem" model. In a free to play game it makes sense to upset the balance to encourage users to buy currency. It's bad for gameplay, but understandable as the devs have to make money. However, having an untainted pay to play version alongside the altered free to play version would satisfy all parties.

People who really can't pay can play the FREE version. Great!
    People who enjoy buying power and paying to win can play the "FREE" version. Great!
    People who enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played (game balanced around entertainment and not a monetary agenda) can play the PAID version. Great!

Developers get paid, many different types of consumers are happy.

18. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #638 Quazonk, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    You just officially schooled the crap out of that guy. Bravo.

19. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Are the gamecenter achievements not working anymore for anyone else? It says I am stuck on 51% towards Death Incarnate (kill 50,000) I check it every 500 kills or so and it never moves. Also I just got 111 cards in one game and the Card Collector achievement still says 92% of 80 cards in a game.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sorry for bumping the thread in advance... and a few other threads probably. :p

Will this still ever get updates? Coz i would strongly suggest MFi controller support. This title would be perfect with it.