iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Beware of this guy, [TW]LOOQ who spams like a little girl. Seriously, he won 5 matches against me using Bison and Ken and when I'm about to beat him on our 6th match, well, you knew what happened next. :p

I'm okay with spammers really but quitting when you're about to lose when you had 5 matches won over a singe guy is another thing.

2. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @dnk: Sorry for late replying- am on holiday atm, but am generally inconsistent with playing online, however if I'm around sometime, I'll be happy to match with you (same goes for any fellow TAers). My username is also my GC name!

A few more matches, and I've been against mostly ryus, kens and akumas, but fought a Cody yesterday. No love for dhalsim or blanka tho...

I still have a huge loss record, and probably my BPs will be back at zero soon. Still, I'm sticking with my c.viper, after playing as ryu all these years, so it's a hell of a learning curve.

3. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    Sorry for the double post, but I just had a pretty intense match with akuma, he won the first round, I took second, and was KOing him with a throw in the third... Then "you have been disconnected". ARGH.

Was that my own connection that went? If so, that's REALLY frustrating!

4. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    No, they probably hit the home button to quit so you wouldn't get the win. You can always check if it was your connection by going to "My Card" and checking if you have +1 drop rate. I seriously doubt it was your connection anyway since this seems to be stupid trend of dropping right before losing. I'm sure if CAPCOM fixed this, then there would be a LOT more people satisfied with the online multiplayer.

5. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    Oh yeah, I remembered to do that just as I had posted! It was probably my opponent, then - rocky888.

Thus far I have not ragequit at all, although had to quit at the start of a match due to extreme lag.

6. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I hope capcom release new characters faster then sf4, 18 fighters aren't enough! I want to see Guy, Fei Long, Sakura, Gen, Dan, Yuri and others!

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Whoa, well someone's impatient.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Be patient... They started with 8 characters last year. 18 is a lot now and I'm quite sure Capcom will add more characters later, either for free or DLC. Wouldn't mind paying more to support them (I bought all the costumes and sound fx pack for the last SF4 as well).

9. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I'm not patient, after a year capcom give us the same game, without retina display and with 4 characters plus. The multi is shameful, there are only ragequitter! Capcom want only money!

10. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole

Of the contenders u just mentioned those are the ones im only interested on seeing on the iOS port of SF, since CAPCOM just added my most favorite fighter of all SF history. Akuma san! lolz!! :D

11. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    hey, how exactly do you get the 20 focus attack and 20 ex special move achievments? because i think i did it already:-?? thanks

12. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole
    C´mon seriously???

Listen i havent played the game yet( i am waiting for my new ipod4g coming this week to start brawling with u guys:D:D) , but i have seen alot of reviews and videos in youtube, and honestly i have to say that from what i´ve seen there are alot of new tweaks and addons that makes this game stand out from its previous sibling (SFIV Vanilla)

1-New characters(akuma to be the most anticipated)
    2-online multiplayer challenge( along with the infamous ragequitters :D:D)
    3-new tweaks , animations, eg.(dusts , blurry animations on ultras in most of the characters, thats a cool feature if u ask me ;), shadows of characters been improved)
    4-new battle options( wandering warrior , challenges-dojo style but not quite the same thing- etc. :p:p)

I mean for many of u guys this things could have just come along with a simple update of SFIV vanilla, or u might not find it as awesome as i do , but all in all this is a nice continuation of the iOS port of SF.

Besides i am a huge fan of the series so i take every little detail in consideration ,though im aware of the fact that just watching videos of the game on the web is a big diference compare to have it in ur hands, but aside from that and from what i have seen , this game is a good deal. dont know about u guys:cool::cool:

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Does online multiplayer account for the remaining 10%? I'd value it considerably higher than so...

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I would have paid $10 for this game/update. Now capcom fix the online so we can get a fair bp point system.

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    My new practice is to add ragequitters as a friend on Gamecenter (for the record, I think the title is inaccurate since it's not rage, but simply a calculated plan to quit if losing). It only takes a couple of seconds and I get to tell them that they're a coward. I don't say anything too over the top though. One guy actually accepted my request but I dropped him. If nothing else, it gives me a little closure. Haha. Imagine if everyone started bombing known ragequitters with Gamecenter requests like this?

16. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Mind if you share some general turtling strategy?

I tried with Zangief, Akuma, etc... and FAILED...

At grueling level, it's pointless to attack. CPU is merciless...

Or I am just a noob:D

17. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Correction: After a year Capcom gave us TEN new characters. There were only 8 characters when the game was released last year. If they want, they can simply not add any more free characters to that game to make Volt look better.

Yes, Capcom only wants money, just like Sega, Namco and Konami. But at least they put an effort to get our money. In fact, Street Fighter is the only game where Capcom try their best. Compare SF to Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid Touch or I love Katamari and you'll know what I mean. a lot of time is spent to make the game work well on touch screen and it's not a dumbed down game at all.

Lastly, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. Stop b*tching as if Capcom will miss your $0.99. It's one thing to complain sensibly (about ragequitters), but moaning as if Capcom just released another Monster Hunter shows you don't understand much about iOS gaming. Listen, no one forces you to buy the game.

18. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Haha good idea!

19. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Just my thoughts on ragequitting, which can happens for 1001 reasons, some genuine, usually not.

Capcom may consider making it LESS competitive (i.e. award points based on wins) but let players award points themselves, it will be like, a button to press after a match to say "thumbs up or down", so that it will build up a person's "reputation" so to speak.

With reputation points based system, it tends to be better as people will enjoy the game more. Perhaps a "gift" system may work too, e.g. everyone has 1 gift per day or 30mins of gameplay, etc, and they can award such gifts to people they played a match with online via the player cards collected etc.

Just a thought. As long as Win/Loss affects Battle Points, there will be ragequitters. 200 wins and 4 lost is NOT POSSIBLE if you play without RQ...

20. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    Would you trust the Yahoos that play this game online to use such a system correctly? Any win would be a pretty-much guaranteed 'thumbs down' from the opponent...