Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Great game.

Beat it. Loved it. Now what?

I hope the dev is working on an update. If nothing else, adding more upgrade tiers that are unlocked once you unlock endless mode.

I'd also love to see some more dramatic effects from potions and perks. Things like:

- stone tiles don't spawn
    - swords spawn as staves
    - when you get an item and your bag is full, you have a 3 sec popup that allows you to swap it with one you have
    - a perk that doesn't set you back to the middle of the hallway when you reach the Excellent line! Christ, I hate this BS... :)
    - increase the frequency of chests

Also: user-activated spells!
    - stop time (for X seconds, upgradable)
    - fireball (recharges when you match stone and wood)
    - damage shield (X seconds of invuln)
    - exacting (the next X attacks are crits)
    - reset board (1 min cooldown)
    etc

Anyway, wonderful game, looking forward to more.

2. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011

I'm stealing all these ideas FYI :)

In the next version, when you complete the game you'll get a 'Room Refit Unlocked' message and you'll be able to change rooms you refitted into some kind of challenge.

More is coming, and I think the room I'm working on now is going to be really fun, but I'm slow. I spent two days making a bar fill up in a pleasing way. Hopefully it is awesome when it is done though :D

Re: Setting you back to the middle has been baleeted - http://eightyeightgames.com/2012/10/23/on-updating-your-game/

3. krazee_g

krazee_g New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Any news on the update?

4. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been asked tons of times already, but will you also be adding iCloud sync of game progress between devices?

I started playing a few weeks ago, and couldn't believe how much time I sunk into the game over the course of a few days. Fantastic job, and I've been sharing it with some friends!

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  6. Sojourn

7. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    The category is best Mobile exclusive game of the year. It's against Angry Birds Space, which will be a tough one to beat. I voted for 1000000 as well, the little game that could.

8. Sojourn

It's up against Angry Birds Star Wars, too. Stiff competition! But I'm excited to even see it nominated, and we'll see how it does!

9. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Hah! Yeah! no way it will win. Worth a shot though right? :) They put it as one of the top 50 games of 2012 in the January edition which was crazy. I'll buy that one in print as a souvenir :)

Regarding iCloud. Yeah, It is on the todo list. I'm a bit scared about handling merge conflicts so I want to make sure It is done right rather than a naive implementation

Also, I just did a blog post which talks about what is next for 10000000 and teases a few of the new rooms if you fancy a look: http://eightyeightgames.com/2012/12/06/whats-next-for-10000000/

It might still make it for Christmas, but If you include getting through the apple review queue, there isn't a lot of time left.

10. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hey, Luca, congratulations! I think it would be wise to make update before Xmas, even with the loss of few features.

11. Sojourn

Much appreciated! Though with the fantastic updates coming, I'm anticipating playing a lot more -- which I'm sure will make me miss the sync more too. :)

Good luck with finishing the update content -- it looks great!

12. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    #512 Evilkarma, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Why is my experience not moving? Past 10 games I'm getting no experience. It's stuck at 451.

13. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I'm betting it is because you have a potion activated that means you get zero experience?

14. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I didn't know that -.-

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Congrats on getting TA's GOTY runner up!

Still playing the game daily, and it's still pretty freaking awesome!

16. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    This game is so addicting! I play it every day, and its so fun! I'm worried when I get to 10000000, I'll stop playing, and Ive heard the next update will give us something to do after beating the game. Any progress on this? :D

17. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I haven't heard anything about that yet either

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'll testify on reaching 10,000,000... I played the game fairly serious for about 5 days and hit that score and really have yet to go back to it. Still it remains on my iPhone incase there's an update that'll pull me back in.

19. selltheworld

selltheworld Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I really love this game! the soundtrack, the graphics and the gameplay everything is perfect.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah, unfortunately once you hit 10000000 there's really not a lot of incentive to come back to this game. I might have played it for a few minutes since. Once. It is a fun game, though.