Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    HI! :D

I got mine with Butterfly / Clover. Good luck!

I'm still trying to get my second Gold Oly, seem to keep getting Bronze...

Since the only dragon I need now is a second Gold Oly, I have both my caves dedicated to getting it before the new gem dragon, but now I see they have thrown us another bone...

2. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I'm starting to hate Gold Oly so much. So many Silver fails...

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Right there with ya. Though I'm still trying to get my first. Took me less time to get a rainbow.

4. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Gold was actually my first of the three Olympus dragons. Can't seem to get the second tho.

Got the smoke Dragon on my second try Air/Firefly

5. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Smoke Draon

I may have a smoke dragon ready to hatch (14 hrs.). It's a like a dodo egg, but red instead of brown. I got it trying to breed blazing and earth for a solar eclipse display egg. Isn't the combo for smoke dragon, fire+air? Did anyone else get smoke from blazing+earth combo?

6. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Silver (not Silver Oly) and my second Gold Oly have been the hardest for me. I finally got my Silver a couple of weeks ago after months of breeding. Still working on the Gold Oly. Oddly enough my first Gold Oly came relatively easy. I got it before BFS announced the Olys were permanent.

7. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    My cave finally freed up last night. I tossed in Blazing/Snow and got a Snow fail. I used gems to free up the cave and tossed them in again and got my first Smoke cooking. The cave should be ready again shortly and I'm going to use the same combo to go for the display.

8. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Decided to get all the eggs i still need for display and all the second dragons i still need (current, frostfire, smoke, bluefire, plasma and forge) before i try for Gold Oly again.

9. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Got two solar eclipses plus a display egg. After about 4 or 5 fails, have a smoke dragon in one of my caves (Don't have my iPod with me at the moment.), and got to level 40, so I guess I'm back to making food to level dragons up.

They finally got Dragonvale on Android, and also in the Amazon app store, so I started a new game on my Kindle Fire...must say the tutorial is rather annoying when you know how to play the game.;) Even though I am starting from scratch there (Will still play on my Touch as well), it's so nice to have a bigger screen.;)

10. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving!

[​IMG]

Just wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Picture is from my 7th island -- enhanced with time-lapse photography (just kidding).

11. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

12. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Wow that is nice! You are so artistic. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Awesome job. Well done!

14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Nice artwork And Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

15. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #7235 TexasTed, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Awesome job Ebbnflow

The Great Turkey Island - thanks for sharing Ebbnflow! We do have so many blessings to be thankful for - thanks Forum friends!!

16. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    great job on the island ~ebb! and happy Thanksgiving to you and every one here.

also thank you BF for this great game!

:)

17. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #7237 girlpower, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    We don't here in Oz either, but very clever and well done Ebbnflow :)
    I had to look twice too....so used to Eugekavas clever dragon designs :p

Regarding smoke dragon......
    Got one first time with blazing/bone...second one took three more goes but have that cooking now, also with blazing/bone. Got this combo off DV wiki forum as quiet a few were getting theirs first time with it.
    How is everyone else going with theirs?

18. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    #7238 ButterflyFan, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Every time I try to breed anything lately, DV crashes. I noticed it happening more than usual since Smoke was released. I'm glad it's not limited. I'll get a new device near the end of December for my birthday, but it's a long time...

19. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks. Been using Blazing/Cold as suggested by the Sandbox. Got my first Smoke on my second try but have had nothing but fails since. After reading this I tried Blazing/Bone and got another Smoke on the first try. This will be my display egg.

20. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Got both mine with air fire, now got the display egg cooking;);) going for gold shrines , gold oly and seasonal while waiting for the next new dragon :rolleyes: