Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    You can't!
    That's probably the only negative thing on this game for me!

2. Ramplo

Ramplo Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Not loading

Has anyone else had trouble loading the game/ found a way around it? Every time it tries to connect to the iCloud it locks up and exits (I know there are iCloud problems but I don't see the game listed there and so I can't disconnect it).

Basically I get through the Lamda Mu page before it exits. I have tried uninstalling and resetting my iPhone but nothing has worked. As I said above I also attempted to wipe it from iCloud but it never connects so I don't believe there is anything to wipe.

Any ideas? (iPhone 4s iOS 5)

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    So i wonder then what is Mover and Shaker is Achievement is cant be move building as i got the one already????

Only hint it gives "preform an act of relocation"

4. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Greetings Mayors!

We are most impressed by your progress, as well as your collaborative efforts and sharing of information. May your pursuits of rediscovery and recreation benefit greatly from these discussions.

Those of you still having trouble making it into and past the instructional phase of this engagement will be receiving personal correspondence shortly.

Please also be assured that patches are on the way that will 'globally' address the obstacles that stand between any Mayors and their optimal rebuilding experience.

Sincerely,
    Utopia Corp.

5. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    That is as helpfully as some of the hints i look at in the game, anyone got ideas over the mover and shaker? i even had this mad idea shake the ipad maybe lol lol....

6. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    There is indeed a grand plan. A bigger plan that stretches across towns; a greater plan that allows for complete control over your own land and people and let them have a little vacation every now and then; a ludicrous plan that sends animals boldly where no man has gone before; but alas, Utopia was not built in a day.

As the prototypical Philosopher Noah Lotte once said "Some things are yet to be, some things are in the process of being, and for all we know some things are already."

At Utopia Corp. we put People first. Well some might argue we put Pixel first, and while that's technically true, that's not the point.

We are not your overlords. We are here to serve. And we hope to continue serving you and your township in whatever way we can. As soon as we have updates, we will be sure to notify you.

Until then, keep your feedback and requests coming. Together we can rebuild and better re-planet.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious? I hope they patch that up because I want to put some starting people in the newer houses for obvious reasons.

8. quickfinga

quickfinga Active Member

May 10, 2011
    My city is gone. :(

I got 41 people and some animals, then I tried to place a building today and bam...only a blue screen with stars on it. I can't see my city and I can't jump to the center - nothing happens. My city has to be somewhere because the money is still counting up. Anyone got the same problem?

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I got mover and shaker for moving a building.

10. Arshin

Arshin Active Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Just bought the double timer to support you and because it´s usefull. Hope at the endgame will not be a paywall :)

11. CTrumper

CTrumper Active Member

Aug 4, 2012
    City Square - Best money making building?

I nominate the City Square, Production Multiplier 8 and 6 people (but takes up 4 land).

I am at 3 / 6 filled and delivering 48 Coins Per Second.

Is there a better building available in terms of making money?

12. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I really hope that there is an update that will allow you to rotate the world 360 degrees. I am starting to build behind things and cannot see where I have empty spots. I also wish there was a way to rotate buildings to fit in spots differently.

Those are my only two major gripes at this point. Otherwise Pixel People is a fantastic game!

13. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I guess my request would be "put some actual depth into your 'gameplay' because at the moment there's barely any gameplay whatsoever'.

Is there any strategy to city planning? Seems like one just dumps stuff where one can or where it looks nice. That's... dull.

And this 'splicing' thing. That's not a challenge either, you literally tell us what can be spliced, and ultimately all you're doing is trying every single combination till you get something. That's also pretty dull.

I just don't get it. What is the actual 'game' here? I mean we can all tap and splice and place houses till the cows come home, it's all very charming to look at and... well that's about it. Anyone could do it. It's not a game, it's a way to kill time while looking at nice artwork. I haven't achieved anything that nobody else has achieved. I haven't overcome anything really. I've just tapped a lot. And waited some.

Freemium cannot die soon enough. Unbelievable that devs waste their lives now just working out how to insert systems into their app that will annoy enough people into giving them money, rather than spending that time just developing pure gameplay. Hateful, hateful way to make a 'game'.

I did give this app several hours of my time before coming to this conclusion, by the way. I'm not a knee-jerk Freemium hater. Those that do Freemium 'right' in my opinion are those that make a proper game, not this thinly-veiled dual-currency crap, and then lock parts of it away behind a paywall - enjoying the free game? Pay to unlock the rest of it.

14. MaverickX12

MaverickX12 Active Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Killjoy.

Explain to us again how you hate this free game that nobody forced you to download.

15. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Ahhhh my GC has not updated itself opps sorry

16. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This thing eats batteries line no-one's business, they really need prioritize fixing that in the first update,

17. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Granted there a lot of Freemium games that do lock the good stuff behind, and then there a lot of Freemium games that dont.

I like a Freemium games why you ask?

most Freemium games are like shareware (if you old enough you know where im coming from) you download it for free try it out and if you like it you throw some money to the developer if you dont then you can simply delete it.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    As for city planning - maybe it would be cooler to have bonuses if certain businesses were alongside each other, but if not, it's ok how it is.

Splicing? You can blindly follow the prompts or you can think about the job openings you need and what combinations might make those jobs. They really are creative if you take the time to think. Frankly I wondered if some of the job creations were TOO unique and how many people would miss the very clever puns!

The game and the strategy is completely up to you. You can just play for play's sake, or you can be as involved as you want. If you don't feel up to the challenge of it, then maybe the game isn't for you.

19. HenkGlimlach

HenkGlimlach Active Member

Mar 1, 2011
    What can you do with the animals you collect?

20. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    In TA's review it talks about secrets. Where are those? I have not found any...