Grand Theft Auto : all 5 games on sale.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by JohnnyClash, Oct 8, 2016.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I just bought the entire GTA series (that's been released on iOS, up to this point) for $11.00.

If you are like me, and did not own them, then get 'em while they are hot. Each game has updated graphics, cloud save, and controller support.

2. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Which is your favorite of them? I have GTA: SA but was thinking of springing for Liberty City Stories...

3. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #3 JohnnyClash, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Maybe others would care to answer this question, I am new to the series. I'm just stoked to be able to finally play them for the first time.

Also, you can read about each game individually here in great detail if you care to do your own homework. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It's a little dated but I like Chinatown because of the top down approach but I'm sure most prefer the more traditional ones.

5. dabbed

dabbed Active Member

May 18, 2015
    Olympia
    The originals were top down as well.

6. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #6 JohnnyClash, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Yeah, I decided to Play Chinatown first, since it was the first game to be released on IOS and is also top down. The game is top notch... Very high quality gameplay on iPad mini 2.. Really fun..

Next, I will play in order of release (both on iOS and console). That order is GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories (prequel to GTA III).

7. HeinzKetup

HeinzKetup Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    I played Liberty City Stories on the PSP when I was little, and for that reason it's personally my favorite "3D" era GTA game. However, it's definitely not as feature-packed as San Andreas. The map is much smaller, there's less missions, no helicopters or planes, and you drown immediately when you go in water too. In its own right, it's a great game; however being that it came out a year after San Andreas, it was a huge step-back feature-wise. If you're into just purely messing around, just stick to San Andreas. If you're into doing the story, it's more than worth the money.

8. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I have Chinatown and loved it but never finished it. Just not enough time anymore. Which ones are best for pick up and play? I know they all are to an extent but I don't really need storylines these days.

9. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Chinatown is the best one forever.

10. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    too expensive games even they are on sale
    old games

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lelz.

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

:rolleyes:

13. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    :eek: some people lol, all these games are worth the price

14. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Now I'm interested in exactly how much these games cost. I can't check myself because I already bought all of them.

15. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    There in Pound(as I'm English) £1.49 each, I completed my collection of all GTAs now :)

16. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Ooh nice. That translates to around $2 to $3 each game, I believe.

17. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    Each one was listed at $1.99 US dollars, with exception to San Andreas, It was $2.99.

Appshopper is where you can easily check prices if you already own the game.

18. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    To the poster who asked which one to pick up: I've never used a controller with any iDevice I've owned, and don't intend on buying one.

If that's the case for you as well, I'd recommend Chinatown Wars. It's much more playable with touchscreen controls than the others. It's also a plenty deep game despite being isometric instead of fully 3d-it's an enhanced version of a Gameboy...um, I forget the model game. The gameplay variety is an improvement over at least GTA3.