AppAnnie vs. AppFigures (analytics)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Roflcopter Ink, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Roflcopter Ink

Roflcopter Ink Active Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Mobile game and app development
    Munich, Germany
    Hey ,

do any of you have experience with either of those platforms? Especially over a longer period of time? We are looking into both and would love to hear some insights. Somehow AppAnnie doesn't seem to update reviews on a regular basis, which makes it hard to follow up on feedback. Is that a free plan issue? AppFigures on the other hand seems to be pretty up to date regarding that (but we are still using the free premium trial).

Again, any experience would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

2. alfster

alfster New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    App Annie

App Annie is very powerful.

We use the free version -- specifcally to see keyword rankings for our game for different sets of keywords.

3. Roflcopter Ink

Jul 2, 2015
    Munich, Germany
    The keyword ranking section is indeed very informative and I see a lot of potential there. Our biggest problem at the moment is the review part since it won't show us any reviews past July 4th.. are those only updated on a weekly basis?

4. JennyH

JennyH New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Hello from appFigures!

Hello! Jenny from appFigures here! Hope that things are going well with your current trial. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or issues you have. We love all feedback :)

Have you had a chance to check out our brand new iPhone app? One of our goals was to make it SUPER easy to check/translate/filter your reviews on the go. I'd love to hear what you think of it. You can also reach out to me directly at jenny[at]appfigures[dot]com.

5. Roflcopter Ink

Jul 2, 2015
    Munich, Germany
    Hi Jenny, we are already using the iPhone app, and I have to say it is very pretty :) Also very useful to keep track of reviews (that's a big plus). Would be nice to have the ranking information and the featured section as well though. Any plans for that in the future?

Cheers

6. vandernath

vandernath Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I use AppFigures, it's very accurate and updated every hour or so! I don't really need the keywords ranking feature from AppAnnie because I already use AppTweak (if you need to optimize your ASO, check them out!).

I'd say try both services and keep using the one that meets your needs--AppFigures is pretty cheap for what it does!

7. JennyH

JennyH New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the new app! Yes, adding ranks and a few other features and tools is certainly on our list for the future. I'll be sure to keep you updated!

8. mindmagicgames

mindmagicgames Active Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Game Developer
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    AppAnnie

I would always recommend AppAnnie as the go-to for everything related to app store optimization and rank tracking. They've come such a long way in the tools they provide developers.