Escape: Close Call - Rewards near crashes with style points!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tarbooshgames, Nov 15, 2016.

1. #1 tarbooshgames, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Escape: Close Call - Coming Early 2017​

Escape: Close Call
    is an adrenaline pumping driving game which rewards near crashes with style points, encouraging risk and thrill seeking. Escape enemy vehicles increasing in difficulty while completing missions, maneuvering through the landscape, and earning coins to upgrade your vehicle with weapons.

Escape was originally created to be a tense game that's also addictive and goal oriented, and once a proof of concept video was made it was greenlit on Steam Greenlight in less than a week, reaching top 10 status out of all games on Steam Greenlight. It was released on Steam two months later, on the 24th of March, 2016, and has been getting regular updates since. A VR update was added, and more modes are being prototyped currently, including a multiplayer addon. And now it is coming to the App Store on iPad and iPhone!

Features:

1. Steep learning curve. Easy to learn, hard to master.
    2. Cinematic Close Calls when barely managing to evade enemy vehicles.
    3. Standoff mode where you challenge enemy cars as a matador.
    4. Game mechanics that reward thrill seeking and risk.
    5. Diverse power-ups that can be upgraded and personalized.
    6. Novel sense of progression through unlocking stages.
    7. 25 different vehicles that the player can drive, each with its own mechanics and advantageous properties.
    8. Achievements and leaderboards to compare times and scores with friends or globally.

Escape: Close Call uses Apple's ReplayKit to allow for recording and easy sharing of game play videos, it also comes bundled with Apple's iMessage Stickers.

The power-ups shop contains 12 different power-ups that can be used in any combination during game play.

[​IMG]

The ultimate objective of the game though is to Escape, hence the name. Escaping needs planning, it can be done by surviving an intense 10 minutes game then rushing to the gate in the fortified military base. To do so, one has to utilize most, if not, all the power ups that they unlocked and upgraded throughout the game, in different combinations. Once a car has Escaped, you would still have 24 other cars to unlock and Escape as well!

[​IMG]

Request TestFlight invitation
    (hint: press the text above)

Will be sharing more soon! Stay tuned.

For inquiries please contact us at [email protected]

RH.

2. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    No bad, looks nice

3. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Yes! This looks amazing!!!

D1D!

4. Announcement - Looking for Beta Testers

Hi,

We are looking for skilled and courageous players to beta test the game through TestFlight. If you think you can do it, let us know!

We've implemented a great tutorial system, so getting into the rhythm of the game will be a breeze.

[​IMG]

RH.

5. Gnarcade

Gnarcade Active Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Game dev
    Seattle
    Looks like a way cooler version of Smashy Road!

6. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Yeah I'm digging this. Or will be I should say.

7. philipyarnell

philipyarnell New Member

Sep 17, 2016
    I'll get involved in the test! Would love to help

8. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    PM sent. Thank you!

9. Codiant

Codiant Member

Oct 24, 2016
    app development services
    Moline, IL
    Escape: Close Call

Interesting game! Thanks for sharing, I will gonna play this definitely.

10. Illuminati Potato

Illuminati Potato New Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Awesome

This looks pretty awesome. I loved trying to get as risky as possible in Pako so this is something I'm looking forward too!:D

11. What Differentiates Escape from Other Similar Games

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments! And let us assure you that while Pako and Smashy Road are great games, Escape: Close Call is different, and hopefully equally great, on its own.

Difference is in the ultimate objective, which is to actually Escape and also the game progression. To achieve the ultimate objective, the player has to spend no less than 16 hours of gameplay unlocking power-ups and stages, mastering the maneuvering techniques, earning style points, upgrading the power-ups and using them in smart combinations to achieve maximum use. Then one has to plan their Escape! So normally users will be playing in either one of these strategy modes, "style points collection" or "Escape attempt".

Having said that, we haven't forgotten to give special thanks to different games that were inspirational to us such as Burnout 3, Burrito Bison and Pako.

Very soon, we'll be posting an illustration of the moves one can make in order to gain style points!

[​IMG]

RH.

12. Beta Test Invitations Sent

Hey curious folks (and Beta testers),

Beta testing invitations have been sent! Please check your emails and let us know what you think! And as promised, here are some moves you can make in the game to get "Style Points", which can be used to unlock and upgrade power-ups:

:cool: Close Call: That's when you narrowly avoid crashing into an enemy vehicle.

Note: for better viewing right click on the video above and check "Loop"

And that's it for now! We are trying our best to have the game ready within the next few weeks. In the coming update we will show the 12 power-ups shop and how can they be used in the game in combinations or on their own.

Cheers!

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm LoVINg the beta so far, so much that after playing for a little while I had to go buy the PC version.
    Deff caught me off guard when I seen that it has a steep learning curve and deep mechanics. I love that ! They have a nice tutorial that takes you step by step to explain most of the mechanics and tricks you can use and have to learn how to master.
    I'm still pretty bad at this game but the better you get the more bad a$$ you feel doing awesome near misses you would normally just die from!

To dev or anyone that is sweet at this game (like dude playing in tutorial video) is there a trick to learning and getting down the hard avoidance skids, like when you drive straight and go into a skid to the side. It gets really tricky when under a lot of pressure but I can't wait to get it down !

14. Thanks a lot esty8nine for the amazing feedback :D

We've made the Beta Test sign-up much easier, instead of PM just filled the form found in the link below.

Request TestFlight invitation
    (hint: press the text above)

Cheers,
    R.

15. Hey,

Beta testers, thanks for your valuable feedback :) please keep sharing your comments with us!

Here is a funny thing that happened while testing the missions to make sure they work.

Beta testing is still open!

Cheers!