Making noise in public while playing your idevice?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Empfmil, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    So I just sat in the hospital waiting room waiting for a friend's visit to the doctor to end. I was playing Super Hexagon on my iPhone while wearing my headset, and I was just in the final few seconds of making it through the "hardester" difficulty in that game........ And I nailed it like a Boss. About five minutes later I had joined up with my friend and we were walking towards the exit... My body was shaking and my eyes were staring so much my friend wondered what the heck was wrong.

So I told him the truth; when I made it through that level in SH, I became so ecstatic I forgot where I was - standing up in that waiting room with ordinary decent middle aged and old looking people, shouting "SUCK IT BITCH!"

This was perhaps the most embarassing moment in my life and I likely will have a hard time playing on iPhone in public again. I wouldn't want you to share a story this crazy if you wouldn't like to, but at the same time I am curious to hear if any of you guys have made noises (either of joy or frustration) in public while playing your idevice and how you felt about it, if you were embarassed or if it was whatever to you. Might help me recuperate (this the right word? My english is not great) better from my little episode, and besides it would be an interesting read I think. :)

2. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I do this often..

I used to play "baby lava bounce" in class every single day because I finished my work book early and had nothing to do.. So everyone would be working on their books and I'd be playing BLB, it's one of those foot stomping rage games that make you hell with anger or joy..depending on your progress of course..
    I'd often get really far in, and be so excited.. Only to die and go "WHAT????" It became such a regular occurrence after a while that the class got used to it. ^_^

Don't be embarrassed, or feel like it was the most embarrassing moment of your life! It's far from it, embarrassing moments would be.. Having your nude photo you sent to your high school lover posted on the Internet? Or how about your Facebook hacked and nude photos being put on your timeline for all to see, or how about having a strict mother who would never let you have a day off school, even when you are super sick, so you go to school with diarrhoea and end up crapping yourself in class!? Those are all embarrassing moments! Making a noise while playing the game is nothing in comparison to most people's terrible experiences! I've yet to experience any of those things I listed, but I know people who have gone through that and it would be terrible.
    So smile and know that you should have no shame in making noises!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I would be embarrassed!

A hospital/doctors waiting room I wouldn't be screaming playing a game or swearing. For all you know people could be waiting to hear the results of a test etc !

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That's the reason I don't play stress games in inappropriate places, I play those kind of games in my own home so it doesn't matter if I get carried away, I'll play summat more casual on the bus,mdocs waiting rooms etc, id have seen the funny side if I was sat there, but someone waiting for important life/death results may not.

5. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I take Snozberry's kind words to heart, but at the same time I completely understand and agree with you guys about making a really inappropriate scene in a quiet place. I was really being a jerk.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I wouldn't feel to bad about it though, the people on the waiting room will have forgotten about it b now and so should you, just play angry birds next time haha.

Wtg on super hexagon too, I suck at that game.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I yelled something like "F**k Yeah!" On a quiet train full of early morning commuters once when I got a drop in a mobile MMO that I had been farming for several days. Your story is waaaay better though :p

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    One time I was playing Boson X in class on X Boson and got 97% and quietly hit retry.

9. I find it funny when people complain that your headphones are too loud.

10. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    You should have been like "my doctor just texted me, my cancer is in remission"