Can anyone recommend games similar to Civilization, Tiny Tower or Sim City?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xystence, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Xystence

Xystence Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Me and my girlfriend are absolutely in love with these games and just want a little to do in between them. I am in areas where I do not have internet a lot so its nice having games like Tiny Tower that are addictive and do not need it. Although the idea of like a game like Haypi Kingdom is very interesting to me and would love to know more like that as well.

Thank you very much!

2. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Koei has at least one, but I think two, Romance of the Three Kingdoms game on the app store, as well as Nobunaga's Ambition. Both would fall most similarly in the Civilization camp. Raise the Village is a free Farmville style game with optional IAPs representing charity contributions of said items to the Ugandan village you're helping raise.

3. HikariKami

HikariKami Active Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Web Designer
    Australia
    Virtual City is a little like Simcity but with a little bit of time-management or even puzzle-game elements added in. It probably lacks a little depth, but is suprisingly enjoyable. I normally don't like bigfish "tycoon" type games, but Virtual City actually has quite a bit to it between the building and establishing trade routes all while trying to meet the timer.

4. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I'll recommend Virtual City as well. Not the depth of SimCity, but surprisingly detailed. I think there is a lite version to try.

5. Xystence

Xystence Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Fantastic, Thank you all for responding! I am going to take a look at all of these and see about them all.

Thank you!

6. Witlogic

Witlogic Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    City of Wonder combines a sim city style game with a civilization style theme.

7. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Nobunaga's Ambition is on the App Store?! Man, I used to play the hell out of that game when I was eight. Then finally was able to beat it when I was 20 and playing on a Dreamcast NES emulator. Now I can play it on my phone too. I hope the controls aren't terrible.