Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Level 19 is so hard as a paladin. any tips?

2. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Man I want to get this game. I have bought every game by Foursaken and have had problems with crashing. I never got to play a complete bug heroes game because of it. I have read that this game works good with touch 4. But I'm still afraid to pull the trigger.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I bought an IAP for the first time - 60 diamond things. I've upgraded my stone walls, gold mines, etc.

I'm stuck on level 19 though. How the hell do you kill those big orcs?! I've fully upgraded my peons and they won't do much.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I would love to try out online multiplayer but it keeps crashing every time I'm about to load a game. (iPad mini running the latest iOS).

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've played on my ipad but then when I left the house I sync'd my save to my iPod touch 4G so I could carry on playing while I was out and can confirm it works fine on iPod4,
    Only differences I noticed were that it takes longer to load the mission. The gameplay is sweet on either device.

6. Hey I would live to walk around the keep to buy upgrades inbetween games, I would also love to besiege a undead or ork hold let's go offensive!!!

7. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Try to spawn a lot of pikemen and then protect them as they gang up on the orc chieftains. Thats what i did.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Can't get over what an awesome game this is.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow this game is freaking epic. I've been playing on my girlfriends iPad. It's just incredible. I made her buy a copy of it. You did it again Jamie. Great game and best of luck with it.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I like the game but I'm having some trouble. On level 7 now and since about lvl 5 it just seems extremely difficult. I start by building up gold mines and can get some troops mobilized well enough but it just seems the enemy overwhelms me before I feel they should. I tried going straight for academy and peon swarm but their not strong enough. When I win it's by the skin of my teeth. I'm not bad at games, it just feels like I'm missing something.

Also I'm using paladin and it seems like that's the only playable character since his passive makes troops cheaper, too good to resist.

11. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Is there a first person mode?

12. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #472 KiddToKmart, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Game Impressions

So i've been playing this game for the past couple of days, on and off. Having never liking Bug Heroes too much (personal preference), this game struck the right chords for me!

The difficulty level is there but it's not overwhelming. I found changing tactics can equally change the tides of battle, rather than having to rely on leveling up your buildings/units. Ex: The skeletons with huge swords that knock you down, I learnt to anticipate and step back from their attack, to stay toe-to-toe with each enemy, before I ended up clearing the level. I haven't tried the Paladin or other character yet, but look forward to doing so.

I've hit my first 'challenge wall' at Level 14 at the moment, where these huge Giants charge the wall like crazy. Still working on tactics at the moment, but i'm guessing the best way to deal with this level is to upgrade the Ballista and keep pumping them out (while deploying Pikemen?)? Problem is, the Ballista and Pikemen are each 100 gold, hence not being able to keep up to speed with their rush.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

I made it up to Level 14 with little-to-no trouble. What did I do? Barely ever use Peons so far... heh.

Upgade pikemen to level 3-4, and upgrade gold mines. Archers help during the initial stages by damaging weaker enemies as well; or better, just build an archer tower or two. Run around killing whatever you can while putting up a stone wall and constantly repairing it. Pretty straightforward.

13. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    I think the pikemen should cost at least 70 gold because 100 seems really steep considering what their worth.

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Just played the game for the first time and WOW! What a great work of art here! The dedication to make a game of this caliber is amazing. Love the fact it runs flawlessly on my touch 4g. Excellento!!!

15. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    Does anybody want to play coop? Im sick of playing with people who are like level 6 and under they have no clue what to do

16. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    Gc is ne0ndrag0n

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Can't wait for a fix for co op on touch 4 its gonna be fun.

18. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Will add you for some online right now, Level 12'ish Knight here

19. Yahhhhhh just got 14 mins and something seconds with a partner of a level 10 knight ... My name is ZDkaz in the gc... I'm a level 14 knight...

20. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    I got a level 18 knight and level 16 paladin