Clever Buttons by kakburk games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kakburk, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kakburk

kakburk Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    stockholm
    #1 kakburk, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Clever Buttons

GAME IS OUT, see this thread:
    Clever Buttons

Hi all,

I'm just about to finish my first game as a solo developer, I plan to release it in a couple of weeks.

The game has two modes - a primary puzzle mode and a bonus fast paced score attack mode.

In puzzle mode you complete levels by clearing all the buttons from the screen by connecting them. This is however not as easy as it sounds and you need to use loops and traps to remove walls and catch falling buttons as well as looking out for blocking yourself with "old" stiches.

[​IMG]

Score attack is a pretty basic mode where you try to get as high score as possible by creating chains and loops and traps for big bonuses. It is meant as a break from the slow paced brain-work the puzzles provide.

[​IMG]

Here is a trailer, note that it incorrectly states that the game is available on the appstore, I'm just not very good at making trailers and didn't want to have to make two :)

- Linnea

2. Scryb

Scryb Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Nice!

This looks very neat. Beautiful graphics and interesting gameplay. I like the score attack mode :)

3. kakburk

kakburk Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    stockholm
    Thank you!

Most people that have play-tested the game likes the puzzle mode best.
    Unfortunately it is very hard to make an exciting movie of a slow paced mode where you spend most of the time thinking and not doing anything on the screen :)

4. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Woah that looks crazy fun in the video !
    Gotta admit I like the score attack mode much more. Fruit Ninja but from all directions - sweet pumped action in there !
    But you got 2 games in one with this - that's kinda cool idea. Many games only offer one experience. So this is something I hope your customers will acknowledge !

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Line drawin mashed with Ragdoll-ish, Awesome sauce!

6. kakburk

kakburk Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    stockholm
    Thank you for the encouraging words!

To Acumen: it is funny that you mention Fruit Ninja since it indeed was a source of inspiration for the score attack mode. I love FN but wanted a mode where you can use tactics more to direct what is going on (chains = spawns new buttons but low score, loops=no new buttons but much higher score, you have to find a good balance between them). Not sure if I succeeded but I like it :)

Oh and here is a small preview of the game, it will be out in a day or two:

Clever Buttons sneak preview