iPod Touch is a $$$ saver. Just saved me $40.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by TheKrazyRussian, May 24, 2009.

1. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    My wife is a huge Sims fan and i was going to buy Sims 3 for her.
    I just showed her the latest info and video of Sims for the iPod Touch and she said that she'll settle for that instead.
    So the iPod Touch does it again, just saved me $40.
    I am assuming Sims will be $10, maybe $15.
    I saved even more money buying games for my kids on the app store instead of those overpriced DS cartridge games.

2. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I suppose, in theory, you are correct, but let's not forget, you probably spent $215+ on the iPod Touch.
    So the Sims for the iPod Touch total cost would be $225+/-, as opposed to getting the Sims for your already owned PC.

I have no argument for the DS, utter waste of money for games. *cough* R4 *cough*

3. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I paid $180 for her iPod Touch and didn't just buy it for the Sims, she got it few months ago when i didn't even know about the Sims.
    So i alreay own both, the iPod Touch and the PC, variety is a great thing.

4. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    no offense but i you think that the sims iPhone will be a valid replacement for the Sims 3 pc, then you don't understand the power of either machines. Sims 3 iphone will be closer to sims 1 quality than 3. I am not saying its going to be bad, if it has enough content and isn't story based then i will probably get it, but i will still get sims 3 mac

5. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    krazy russian you are such a cool guy, such a generous husband and father and yet so witty. and how artfully you are crafting ways to save large amounts of money just using your ipod.....wow, just wow.

and thank you for letting us participate in your daily adventures with the ipod here in the GAMES FORUM.

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    He doesn't need to tell the wife that :p
    But one thing, there will be tons less content, and I imagine just as many micro-transaction items.

7. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Stay off the drugs, they're for loosers.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Lmfao!

9. TheKrazyRussian

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I totally understand that Sims for iPod Touch will have a LOT less content then the PC version, same goes with graphics.
    But it's still a Sims game and it looks great and the wife will hopefully be happy, i will definitely wait for a few reviews from trusted sources like Big Albie, if it's below 4 stars then i will buy the PC version.

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

As good as it seems it wont be close to sims 3. That's going to be fantastically done. This may be ok though but not the same.

11. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    you can get sims 1 real cheap, just buy that, it'll be better

12. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #12 yourofl10, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Ya, but you still spent 180$ on your ipod touch so really how is that saving money o_O:confused:
    Anyways, I see what you are saying but the 300$+ you have invented in it can buy allot DS games.

I find the Appstore the best gaming market of all imo. Cause the cheep (some) games with fairly decent play time. And there are free games to :D

13. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I am not hardcore gamer, so instead of buying the latest Sim city, I bought the app and I am happy with that. I really like TD games, but I haven't bought any for PC. I just play to relax and when I take the bus or metro. So, I understand that buying a cheaper app is a better deal. I don't use the ipod just to play games. It is also my PDA. That's is actually the main reason why I bought it. Games are a big plus.

14. grumpytreto

grumpytreto Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So you are saying all pc games cost the $30-$50 plus the $1,000 for the pc itself. They did not get the iPod specifically for that app they already had the iPod.

15. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Yep. :D