Alchemy Synth Mobile Studio - Pro Upgrade iAP $14.99 -> $9.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sapphire_neo, May 1, 2013.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sure is a nifty synth with a lot of variables to tweak!

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Imo, it's one of the best on an ipad mini (not too cluttered). Also one of the easiest to launch and immediatly experiment with and make something that sounds halfway decent.

The sale is on because of an update which was pretty big: Audiobus support was added, as well as a sequencer and drum pads.

4. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    By far my favorite and most used synth on iOS. The new version makes it even better. The Pro purchase turns it into an extremely useful synth allowing you to save your sound edits and music projects. Pro version also allows transfer of the desktop libraries.

5. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Had to pull the trigger on this since they added Audiobus support.

Hopefully this'll be the last synth I buy ... [just like after I bought, iMini, Magellan, Animoog, iMS20, etc ...].

Agree - noticed this last night as well.

6. Man-E-Faces

Man-E-Faces Member

May 3, 2013
    Does anyone know when this sale expires? It's supposed to last three days, but I'm not sure when the price drop was triggered.

7. Man-E-Faces

Man-E-Faces Member

May 3, 2013
    You need Wavemapper, Grain Science, and Audulous to round out your collection. Well, until the next batch of apps come out. An iphone version of Wavemapper was released for only 5 bucks, but I can't see it being very functional.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's cramped, but pretty good - patches are compatible with both versions.

And don't forget that if you've got both of the iPhone/iPad versions, you can run them simultaneously on your iPad under Audiobus!

And back on topic: Alchemy is fantastic! Get it while on sale if you can.

Anybody want to recommend their favorite IAP packs?

9. primozz

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Updated: Apr 30, 2013

Don't see where 3 days is listed as the sale period, but if that's the case, it should be ending soon.

I have been tracking Wavemapper and Grain Science, waiting for a sale ... both look awesome. I didn't know about Audulus but, after seeing it, that just got added as well.

10. Man-E-Faces

Man-E-Faces Member

May 3, 2013
    I was told by either Audiobus or Camel, I forget now which. I doubt I'll buy any of the sound packs; it feels wierd for me to make music using other peoples' sounds, unless I sample them myself. Though, that's kind of the way Alchemy works.

Amyway, the sound packs aren't on sale so I'll hold off. I'm about to buy the pro-pack; I'm just trying to remember what it includes...I mean, I can use it in Audiobus without the pro-pack iirc...

11. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    And waldorfs soon to be released Nave synth. :p

On topic, I bought all the IAP packs after the update, and they are all amazing in their own way. Really hard to pick out and recommend just one or two. Right now I'm having fun with the Arp, guitar and the voice pack. Probably cos they are a bit easier to find some sound and jot down a melody really fast. Most other packs are more pads, fx, ambiance, textures oriented. The newest pack Vintage is really nice if you wanna sprinkle some 70s and 80s retro into your Alchemy collection.

I also bought the new Turnado multi effect unit which works as stand alone and as input and effect in Audiobus. Really awesome app ported over from VST, and it's on a $14.99 intro sale which is dirt cheap for an app of this calibre. :)

12. Man-E-Faces

Man-E-Faces Member

May 3, 2013
    I jave to actually start using some of these apps before I can justify spending more. It would help if I knew note and chord locations on a keyboard...

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for that - so far I'm leaning most towards getting the guitar pack first.

If it weren't for the budget - I'd have picked up a good chunk of the pads - the iOS version is quite a lot of bang for the buck compared to the PC version!

14. primozz

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    I'll check those out tonight, thanks for the recommendations.

Funny how a forum aimed at saving some cash has actually accomplished the polar opposite for me ... :D

15. Man-E-Faces

Man-E-Faces Member

May 3, 2013
    So true...just bought the pro pack; going to have to clear up some free space on my device now.