Pocket Planes - (by NimbleBit) (Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012

From the creators of Tiny Tower comes Pocket Planes, a casual airline sim that fits right in your pocket!

Features:
    • Manage and grow your fleet of planes as they fly interesting people and cargo to over 250 cities around the map.
    • Unlock everything from tiny prop planes to jumbo jets and small town airports to mega cities.
    • Customize your planes with your own paint jobs and pilot uniforms.
    • Trade plane parts among your friends, and compete in worldwide group events.
    • See how you stack up against your friends with tons of stats and leader boards.

News:

-------------------------​

Message from the Developer:
    -------------------------​

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Love NimbleBit games. This looks even better than their previous ones. :)

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Nimblebit is one of the few devs that do freemium right.

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am disappointed at the retro pixelated theme. It would've looked great in 1992. Now it looks crappy. I don't know what is so cool about such theme compared to nice, smooth, HD graphics of Pocket Frogs. Thats one of the reasons I never got into Tiny Tower.

5. Hirusan

Hirusan Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    Not only will I immediately download this game when it comes out, I will give nimblebit 500yen as a thank you for making it. Maybe even more in the future. I can't wait!

6. firstadam

firstadam Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Construction
    USA, CA
    my god :cool: this looks amazing!

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Pixel glory! I hope this game will become my new obsession :D.

8. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Dear NimbleBit, I dig that you are a 2 person indie team, but you have been very successful I'm sure you can afford a digital artist, hell you can source one from Asia for cheaps on per project basis even nowadays.

So my comment,
    I don't like pixelly graphics.
    There are people who tell you that those are retro cool, whatever, so shoot me I'm artificial.

If you keep this up people will buy Dream Heights and Dream Planes despite what your other pixel fanboys says.
    If you think people don't care about graphics, most games won't look the way it is right now.

So please give the next Pocket -whatever- a graphical update.

9. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I rather have good game play than graphics any day, I don't care how it looks just that it plays well. I've put more time into Tiny Tower than most other games with good graphics in the last year. I kind of like Nimblebit's "retro" feel they give to their games, it has character. At least it isn't another brown shiny world or some copy and paste game thats been done already.

Also the two man indie team, the one does the programming and the other does well the ART, so they have an artist.

[​IMG]

10. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I think that pixel graphics are amazing and remind you of the good old days. I also love the concept of the game keep up the awesome work.:D

11. Lufia

Lufia Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Germany
    I love Pocket Frogs and Tiny Tower so I am really looking forward to this game.

I like pixelated graphics because the games I grew up with looked like this. But I can understand that younger/newer players don't like graphics like this very much. They are not used to see something like this.

But everyone who seriously tried out Dream Heist ( yes I did so so I could write a long review in my country's App Store) has to notice that its graphics are really really bad. Yes, it looks less blocky than TT, but that is the only positive thing you can say about its graphics. The people in the game look really strange and wobbly like bubblegum which was chewed to death. Every room has the same boring striped wall and checkered floor just in different colours. While I tried out the game I built around five residential floors and every one of them "featured" the same plant. Some of the other furniture is also just copied and pasted in different rooms. In TT every room looks really interesting and has small but beautiful details. The beach apt. for example has a floor which looks like sand on a beach. My Tiny Tower is about 90 floors high and I am still looking forward to each new room, because there is so much creativity in the graphics. In DH i was bored to death after about ten floors, because they all look the same.

12. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Leaving on the jet plane...:)

13. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I've been playing video games since 1979, and I'm tired of this retro crap.

14. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Looking forward to it!

15. Now lets wait for Zynga to copy this and release a version of it before this gets released, just so they can sue Nimblebit for copying their games..not like they've done it before or anything

16. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    AHAHAH you're funny... I bet that zynga will release a game in the upcoming year about planes.....

17. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Or trucks, freight trains, cargo ships...

18. Sarcasm?

19. Solunar

Solunar Member

Mar 22, 2012
    I love the pixel graphics! They remind me of my LEGO. A young player here that really enjoys NB's games. Can't wait to play this!

20. spidyboy

spidyboy Member

Apr 6, 2012
    is it kind of similar with aero vacation but this is pixelated *nimble bit signature*

i really can't wait to play this one!