Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Gold ~ Metal/Firefly BOOM
    I got a rainbow fail which is cool cuz I'm converting my park to rainbows :D

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I got loads of those too trying to get the ruby. Sold some and kept 4.

3. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Just keep breeding chrome and scorch and you're bound to get one.:)

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    What a coincidence! That's the same name as my adult Moon dragon! :D My other one was named Tsukyomi, after the (Japanese?) goddess of the Moon.

Good luck with Ruby once you get there. Simple Air and Metal will get you Chrome easily, so that would not be a hassle (also an added bonus of a short breeding time).

5. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    (sends Ruby luck vibes to you) I really do hope you get one on your son's birthday, you deserve it after all of that time breeding Chrome and Scorch.

6. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    what are the most efficient combinations for breeding rainbow sun and moon? by efficient i mean which combos' fails are the fastest?

7. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5447 Foxtail2010, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Waah ...my "Gold" was a Rainbow. That was Chrome/Scorch (I think).

Hey Allanon, you can have my new Rainbow for your collection, I'm a little tired of that dragon. But anyway, just wondering.... why not convert your park to Golds instead of Rainbows?

8. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey. Is your GC id 1Osborn3..? I'm a little confused since you also said it's iosborne. ;)

9. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I've thought of that actually, I gotta figure out how often it'll fill up with income.

10. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA

Hi,
    yes it's 1osborn3.. :)

most of you here are in thirtish.... what's the highest level for DV, so far?

also.. im trying to make all my dragons in their baby-like figure (they look cuter) but will it affect the breeding process? thanks!

11. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    The Chibi-issr has no effect except for the looks.

I believe levels top at 35 currently. And quite a few peeps were stuck at 30 for months...

F.

12. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Ruby number 3 on the way, so got my birth stone on display :D. and I got my first gold with chrome/scorch :D lost count of how many fireworks I got, but it's around the 50 mark! Will be glad when that one leaves the park! Time to relax now and wait for August :D

Congrats to everyone who has succeeded in the last couple of weeks, too many of you to mention but you know who you are :p

13. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I have both breeding caves going full steam, but cant seem to get a gold. 20 and 24 hour fails across the board!

14. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I feel your pain Foxy and Araziza. My Rainbow is displayed today... only to be replaced by 2 forges (one being a mistake I made by putting Fire and Metal when I wanted to put Willow but still)!! Ahh!!

Funny thing is that I blanked out when I tried Brass and Flower and got the 39 hour timer a few minutes ago. I actually went to the sandbox thinking, "It's not Moon or Sun since it didn't have the cold element, so maybe Rainbow?" Figures that when I forget about getting it, it will just pop up in my face. BS really knows how to taunt me.

Good luck to those still trying! I know how frustrating it is getting those long hour fails... well, fails in general, but don't give up!

15. himpu

himpu Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Hey everyone! hows everyone's conquest going for these new dragons. i had a question and i believe this could be a stroke a pure luck:) but on my first try i put in brass/firefly and got a 48 hour timer. Does this mean i got a gold on my first try? :D or could this also be a rainbow/sun/moon? Thanks and good luck!

16. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Could be any of the above. But let's hope for your Gold!

17. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I was really desperate to get a gold before the start of next month, so that trying for it won't interfere with trying for the next gem dragon. I finally made it; now, just hoping there aren't TOO many limited releases next month! It's almost stressful having so many at once! :-D

18. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I too just got a 48 timer with Brass and Firefly... Hoping it's Gold and not Rainbow :)eek: did I really say that about rainbow!)

19. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Congrats on the Gold

Congrats everyone getting 48 hour with Brass an Firefly. 48 hours with this combo is Gold. Rainbow requires 4 different elements, this one only has three, Fire, Metal and Lightning. Sun and Moon are only possible if the breeding combination contains Lightning and Cold.
    Happy Breeding!

20. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    48 hour

Chrome and Scorch = 48 hour timer! Rainbow. :(