Auria (pro-level audio mastering/recording app) 49.99->24.99 11:00 PM EST

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Auria LE will also be half price at the same time.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I doubt this needs to be said, but Auria requires a lot of time, patience, and/or experience to use, and, IMO, the gui is horrendous. But it's the cream of the crop.

It should be noted that it is possible to spend hundreds of dollars on in-app purchses.

3. Yeah, there are alot of knobs Greyskull! :D

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...and I hate knobs in ios apps. That being said...

THIS IS A ONE DAY ONLY SALE!

5. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    I use Cubasis, is this worth it or should I just stick with Cubasis?

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #6 chris1a, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Auria offers high-end plugins from companies like FabFilter, PSPAudioware, FXpansion, and so on. The Fab plugs range from $20 to $40, PSPs plugs from $10 to $20, FXpansions current plugs are $15, Overloud and Positive Grid at $20, Wavemachine Labs $10 to $20. I think that covers the current available plugins from 3rd party companies. Then you have sample/loop packs, IRs for the convo unit and other things from various companies. So lots and lots of goodies available.

As with any regular DAW on a computer all that stuff is obviously optional, and isn't per se being sold by the Auria devs. All the different companies that are coming aboard Auria with their VST plugs etc have full control and decide their own prices (the Auria devs doesn't take a cut from any 3rd party IAP). So it's a really open system that way, as open as is possible on iOS right now anyway.

The included channels/sub channels and master -strips are from PSPAudioware (EQ, limiter, brickwall limiter, compressor, buspressor, gate/expander). Insert effects that comes with it are a PSPaudioware delay unit and a chorus unit. A "classic" reverb unit and a convolution reverb unit from Wavemachine Labs with a pack of IRs from MoreVox (you can load your own IRs into it).

So goes without saying with companies like that onboard that the available quality of the effects are light years ahead of anything else on iOS.

It got extensive MIDI sync protocols. But the MIDI sequencer (and everything that comes with that) is still under development ATM.

Still got the ugly grey interface. And a quite sluggish wave/track editing window on anything below iPad 4, but that on the other hand allows for far more detailed micro editing then any other available DAW on iOS. And it does automation for basically everything, also not seen in any other iOS DAW. Besides all the regular available editing tools you'd expect it got a great time stretch implementation, where you just drag out/in a region/track to time stretch (you can choose between a whole bunch of Dirac 3 Pro algorithms with various quality and results to match the material you're time stretching). The mixer and it's knobs and slider are silky smooth no matter the device, and got the works (yes also side chaining).

The LE version differs, check their website for a comparison chart.

I dunno...Ask yourself if you _really_ need all the high-end power available, both included and/or other plugs available from 3rd party companies. Personally, I didn't _really_ need it since I'm not exactly a "pro", but I bought it and a bunch of plugs anyway. Partially cos the plugs from 3rd party companies are a fraction of the price they charge for the same exact plug on the PC/Mac, which did give me a chance to actually afford and try it all out. I'm sure Cubasis would be more then enough for me though, but im just such a app slut! Hope that helps. :)

Edit: Look at all those knobs and goodies, yum yum...

[​IMG]

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah...fellow app slut here. I just have to make sure I don't drink while Auria'ing...godnonly knows how much I would spend on iaps. ;)

8. AQ808

AQ808 Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    I got this when it went on sale the first time.

I use all the Fabfilter plugins so I don't end up using the psp audioware mixing board interface much, aside from setting levels.

This one has so much promise that I really have high hopes for when it is able to take advantage of the audio capabilities coming in ios 7.

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It won't matter unless a new iPad is released with more RAM. Most PC/Macs used for audio recording/mastering have, at this point in time, at least 4 gigs. Come on, Apple!

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for posting the sale. I picked up Auria for
    $24.99 the other day

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I think it is still on sale. Having said that, a great lightweight combo, suitable for most purposes, is Multitrack Daw (10 bucks) and Audio Mastering (shown in pic) only us crazy folks need or want Auria.

Attached Files:

12. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I'm crazy:)

13. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    I used Multitrack Daw for quite a while before switching to Cubasis. It's a nice simple low priced daw that gets the job done. I hoped the developer would of takin it further but it seems like it as good as its going to get.

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Simole if you consider a DAW filled wtih instruments simple. Oncios, I like to keep instruments seperate from recording.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Down to $24.99 again.

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    FYI- if you own Turnado and/or WOW2 buy Sugarbytes, they are detected by Auria and act as plug-in effects now.

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#17 Habakuk, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    ^ Confirmed.

Thanks to this special forum I've saved so much money on games that I could easily afford Auria. Loaded some of the free projects (600 MB). Great! Highly recommended! Good documentation inside. Forum at their site. Will buy some of the prof plug-ins later. Were there already special sales on plug-ins, loops etc.? Is there something to expect?

Maybe I can make even more money with the app. Together with the iPad Air it's a high-end professional tool. Make something useful and creative with it!

There are still some more music making apps on black friday/cyber monday sale. Here you have an overview (it's German-language but the links are working in all countries).

Average rating stars out of five (#votes), Prices in €/EUR sale/before, *all-time best price

BeatMaker 2, Music Workstation, Universal-App, 4 (860), 4,49*/17,99 EUR

BeatMaker, precedessor, iPhone, 3 (160), 0,89*/8,99

Impaktor – The drum synthesizer, Universal, 5 (26), 0,89*/4,49

Magellan, Analog Modeling Synthesizer, iPad, 5 (16), 5,99/13,99

SunrizerXS synth, iPhone, 4,5 (23), 0,89/2,69

Sunrizer, Synthesizer, iPad, 5 (51), 4,49/8,99

Traktor DJ, DJ-Software, iPad, 4,5 (64), 8,99/17,99

Traktor DJ for iPhone, 4,5 (39), 1,79/4,49

BIAS, Amp-Designer for guitars and synths, iPad, 4,5 (10), 13,99*/17,99

JamUp Pro XT, Guitar/Bass Multi-Effects Processor, Universal, 5 (640), 8,99/17,99

iMaschine for iPhone, Beat Sketch Pad von Native Instruments, 3,5 (375), 1,79/4,49

LiveRemote, iOS-Tool for Ableton Live 8, iPad, 3 (5), 5,99*/8,99

Addictive Synth, Wavetable-Synthese, iPad, 4,5 (175), 4,49*/8,99

CHAiOS Synth, akademisch-experimenteller Synthesizer mit Zufallsgenerator, iPad, free

SunVox, modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker), 5 (42), 3,59/5,49

Virtual ANS, simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS, Universal, 5 (33), 3,59*/5,49

PixiVisor, tool for audio-visual experiments, Universal, 4,5 (23), 0,89/1,79

Arpeggionome Pro, interactive MIDI arpeggiator for iPad, 5 (58), 8,99*/13,99

Arpeggionome for iPhone, 5 (43), 0,00/0,89 (MIDI 4,49 € extra)

Echo Pad – Multi Effects Processor, Universal, 4,5 (53), 1,79/3,59

18. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    "Were there already special sales on plug-ins, loops etc.? Is there something to expect?" /Habakuk

Rim, CEO of Wavemachine Labs, said it might happen in the future. But the thing that makes Auria unique in iOS land at the moment is that all the plugins inside Auria are being sold by the respective companies (FabFilter, Sugar Bytes, PSPAudioware, Positive Grid etc), Wavemachine Labs doesn't take a cut from the profits on those plugs, or sets the prices etc. Anyway, a sale would be up to the companies that sells their plugs inside Auria. So Email and nag 'em all for a sale :)

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

^ Thanks, Chris. Maybe I'll write them an email.

Love the "windows management" in Auria. Floating windows (plugs)! And you can move them around. First seen in an iOS app.

20. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #20 chris1a, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Well speaking of the devil..or however it goes... there's a 50% sale on all plugs except the Sugar Bytes plugs. Dunno how they did that, perhaps Wavemachine Labs will pick up the whole bill...Here's the post from the Auria forum:

"Auria In-app sale tomorrow!
    by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:36 pm

We're pleased to announce a 50%-off sale tomorrow on all in-app purchases (except for Turnado and Wow2, as these are not really in-app purchases). The sale starts at 12:00PM CST tonight!

Rim"

Finally gonna pick up that $40 FabFilter Pro-L!