Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    its not about the money or level it has to do with the tasks you do and when each task appear i had $159689 still no bart just got willie

2. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Earth
    Yea, the tasks and quests have to be done in order, so if you haven't done the other quests yet, the one to unlock Bart won't appear yet.

3. chaoticool

chaoticool Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Has anyone else experienced the glitch where you get no money or xp from tapping on any icons like the dollar sign, thumbs up, etc? I'm lvl 12 almost 13 and have had no problems on this game (it was my third sign up). However, every time I now push the icons from taxes or completed quests, I hear the sound, but no money or xp show up. Any help would be appreciated. I bought a few premium items so I'm reluctant to just dismiss this game.

4. xCobalt

xCobalt Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Yeah, that happened to me earlier this week (I had like -200000% conformity bonus). I looked around and its an issue EA is aware of. No patch yet but a workaround that they mentioned is to find a school from your friend list to clean up, then immediately find another friend where you can vandalize their school. Problem should be fixed then. To prevent it from occurring in the future, don't interact with your friend's schools or capture Sideshow bob.

5. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Ugh...Donuts were hard to resist...so I bought some only it didn't update in game.

....and I got charged for both attempts.

As mentioned...keep working through the quest lines - level alone does not unlock Bart...etc

6. chaoticool

chaoticool Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Thanks for the help I'm finally receiving my money and xp. The donuts thing happened to me too. iTunes refunded one of my purchases, luckily. This game confuses me just like the last couple years of the TV show.... I WANT to like it because it's the Simpsons, but it's just not as good as it used to be. Heh.

7. SocialButterfly99

Mar 26, 2012
    Must download.... Now o_____o

8. NathanQuest

NathanQuest Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Cologne, Germany
    Loggin in...

Hey,

I have a problem: I can not log in anymore with my Origin-Account. It shows that I am logged in and then the game crashes before my city comes up. I tried on several devices (iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad1, new iPad)... always the same. All 5.1 anyway.

The thing is: As anonymous player the game starts just fine.

EA support won't answer. Anybody else had this problem? It is quite annoying, as all friends keep visiting my city, I get the messages and can't do anything. :( :mad:

9. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Yup, bought doughnuts too.

It's dead and EA have no interest in updating the paying members of public

10. ninetail1030

ninetail1030 Member

Dec 21, 2011
    This game is not even on the app store anymore. :\

11. Comambo

Comambo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I know right? Lucky I already downloaded it :D

12. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    They had to remove it because it's full of bugs. My online game got completely FUBAR'ed, along with plenty of others. Add connectivity issues (especially when it launched) and you're better off not downloading it.

13. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I wonder how much longer it's going to take to get back in the App Store?

14. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I honestly think EA has abandoned it.

15. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    you really think EA would abandon this? I would think they had to pay through the nose to get the voices of The Simpsons on board and to write original material for the game. And judging by how many people d/l the game it seemed to be quite popular.
    I know EA blows but I just can't imagine they would abandon the game. Then again it has been a month...

16. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Seeing as it's a crappy freemium game, very little has been lost. It would be nice to think they're taking some time to rework the game for fun instead of a money grubbing cash-in, but I doubt it.

17. GreyDawn

GreyDawn Active Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I just added a new friend today for one of the tasks and it says they have a new version when I try to go to their world and that I need to update to go to it, I don't get how that can be though and I'm afraid to update...?...

18. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Lots of people get that. It's either a bug, or they may be using a different region. The game launched in a few other areas like Canadian iTunes about a week before the US, so many people were impatient and grabbed it from there or other sources.

19. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Well, either abandoned or they're completely rewriting the mechanics of the game realizing that they can't just patch it. The network code seems to be abysmal. It requires such a fast connection and huge server capacity to effectively work. It relies far too much on the server and far too much data is being sent back and forth.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if EA was willing to fix things but the Simpsons big shots are cancelling the agreement for fear of tarnishing the franchise with a shoddy game.

20. MightySteed

MightySteed Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Birmingham, UK
    Can't help but feel that this game is exactly like the recent episodes of the TV show. Not as witty as the classics and not as entertaining. Though its probably a tiny bit less broken than the TV show is these days :p