Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Finally got round to playing this today after downloading ep1 and buying ep2 at the same time the other week and my iPod touch 4th gen crashes after the first battle every time. Given how much I enjoyed just watching/playing the first 5 mins I'm very glad it's a known bug. Looking forward to the fix.

2. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Great Job Josh,

Really enjoyed Episode 3 and now anticipating Episode 4. Loved the Liv Bot integration.

Seriously can't wait to see what you come up with next. I'm loving reiving my childhood through these episodes.

cheers!

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Having trouble getting my character and deluxe downloads back after deleting the game and reinstalling it. all it's showing is my achievements?

4. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    I just sent you an email - try my suggestions and if that doesn't work out, I'll look into seeing if it is a code error.

5. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    I've got the bug fixed up - just working on getting everything packaged up and into Apple. We had wanted to have that fix out sooner, but we ended up fixing a ton of other stuff which held submission up.

6. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thanks Orian! We're honored to have you and the Liv Bot in the game to begin with.

Look out for a bunch of Episode 4 stuff next month (and maybe the episode itself).

7. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #507 Darth Ronfar, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Ok, well then I messed up as I don't have cloud:/ I guess theres no way to get my progress back, but I did buy the deluxe pack for 3.99 i think cuz I already bought episode 2. I'm not sure it was however much the second ep was when it was first released and then the update to deluxe(which was either (2.99 or 3.99 I dunno)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm I'm having some troubles. I've just got on an iPad4 today :Dyey but when I load up SMRPG and restore my purchases its only restoring my purchase of episode 2 and not the unlock to the deluxe version that I bought last week or so? My save has transferred over via the cloud just fine but no deluxe upgrade?
    Thanks.

9. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    So, is there any way to get back what I paid for?

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I emailed the dev as I'm having problems restoring purchases too and they said there looking into the problem and they'll sort it out.

11. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    I'm looking into a fix now and will hopefully have that done today. I'll submit the fix to Apple tonight if that is the case. I just looked through the code and it should be restoring deluxe purchases - I'm really not sure what's going on, but I'll figure it out.

12. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    #512 MightyRabbitJosh, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Looks like this was an issue with our Prime31 plug-in for StoreKit. I'm upgrading to the latest version and this should fix it outright.

EDIT: It's fixed now. I will submit an update to Apple tonight. I have a few other bugs to fix before I do that. Also, if you've previously tried to restore purchases, you may experience a crash on start-up. This is caused by our StoreKit plug-in - I don't really know how I can fix it. You may have to delete and reinstall SMRPG again after the update. Just make sure to backup your save data to iCloud before updating.

13. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #513 Darth Ronfar, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    That's the thing though I never had or used Icloud... I'm running ios4.3 Ont a touch 4

I understand that I can't get my progress back, even though my achievements are still there.

I guess thr only thing I can do is hope to get a free promo code to the deluxe version. I mean I'm all for supporting the developers but I don't want to have to pay another 6$ after already paying the 5 or 6$ or whatever.

I know it was my mistake, i just assumed my data was saved through gamecenter or something and not I cloud. I only deleted it cuz I was waiting for the patch to let it work on the iPod 4th gen. But now I'm pretty much screwed.. :(

14. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    You just missed my last post - I've got everything fixed and am sending the update to Apple now. You won't have to pay for anything, your deluxe version purchase will come back just fine with the next update. I'm putting in for an expedited review, so hopefully you'll see it within the week!

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    New update hit last night which has fixed the repurchase problems and the crashing on iPod4G.

(Now I get to play through the whole game on ipad too) :D:D

16. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    The new update is now live! It fixes the iPod 4 and iPad 1 crash when entering the dam and it also fixes any problems you all may have had when trying to restore your purchases.

The only new feature in the update is that you can now mute the game's audio from the options menu in case you wanted to listen to something else in the background.

17. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Whoa! Didn't expect to see a new Episode this quickly. Is this as extensive as the previous episodes or just kind of a bonus holiday episode?

18. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    #518 MightyRabbitJosh, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    In case you guys haven't seen yet, we released Episode 4 - "Ho Ho HOOD" today! I hope you all enjoy it!

It's more of a bonus episode in that it doesn't bring a TON of new stuff to the table. It's about the length of Episode 2, though - so it is relatively substantial. We crunched to put this out in a month, so we couldn't get too much new stuff in. Episode 5 will be more robust.

19. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Sweet! Well, I've been procrastinating getting the deluxe upgrade, but now it costs the same as just buying the new episode.

20. staredcraft

staredcraft Member

Jan 19, 2012
    #520 staredcraft, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    hey JUST got the Deluxe version of the new episode and...after I got to the first ghost it keeps on crashing, I can't even resume the episode without it crashing after it loads. I'm going to try restarting the episode (thank god I'm just at the very start) and hope it doesn't happen again

UPDATE:

NOPE not even a restart will work!

Update 2:

Okay I did a FULL iOs restart and NOW it works