Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Whenever this next update comes out I hope the armor is all gold purchasable unlike the Pegasus armor, cause having IAP armor have so much more hp or giving IAP armor significantly better stats will really cripple any player who doesn't have it when playing PVP. Honestly I hope the new armor costs close to 3 or 4mil a piece seeing as how the thunder/atom armor was almost each 1mil a piece. So with that price bump I hope the stats are equivalently better as well.

As for weapons, I hope they keep the machine gun series (e.g. MCP76, M-2781) all nonIAPs cause most of the other weapons suck for boss fights except for possibly the laser cannon, but I haven't been able to get enough mithril to afford getting that yet and I doubt they will make a better laser cannon be nonIAP..but one can hope right? What I would like to see them do is make all weapons be purchasable with mithril and or gold, cause then people who wanted to pay and get them right know could, and the people who wanted to farm for them could as well. I think it would really remove a bunch of hindrance from the game's flow of progression.

2. Sinned

Sinned Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Yes you're right about this. They write it down in the Update-discription.

I hope they bring it out this month cause i'm going to be " boring to dominate everything ingame ;-)" LOL...

Game is really good and I hope for updates...

Greetings from germany

3. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Yeah, I was hoping they would release it in the next 2 or 3 days so I could start playing it over spring break. Currently have done and gotten everything that the game has to offer for the "free" users. Already have a good amount of gold stored up for the next update's release.

4. killah715

killah715 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Freyr, we're all ready for the next update!!!!

5. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Hey if anyone would like my help with killing a boss or something, feel free to send me a PM and we could try to find a time to play. =]

6. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #486 Asasnator, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Anyone who has bought the Laser Cannon, can you post its costs to upgrade and its damage per upgrade? I'm debating if I should attempt to start to save up for it or not. Also how well do the mechanics work for fighting bosses and fighting aliens? I saw on youtube videos that it could be over heated if fired for to long.

7. killah715

killah715 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Asasnator, thanks for the help. You just melt the life bar off Siegfried! I also wanted to know for weapons that cost mythril, are upgrades also in mythril or cash?

8. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Haha np, still want to play some more? I still need to get my mithril from the boss for the day. Could send me a PM with password details. =]

The weapons cost gold to upgrade btw, one of my friends bought the mithril sword and it cost gold to further upgrade.

9. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #489 Asasnator, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    Hey, I just noticed this...but if you go to your gamecenter games and try to find this game's icon, it has a new look. It has a "vs." at the bottom right of the icon now. So I am guessing the new update is going to be sometime soon, at least I hope it is sometime soon and they are not just trying out a new icon or something...Anyways, thought I would let the rest of you guys know. =]

Also their are now two new leaderboards; Total Kills (PVP) and High Scores (PVP). Can't wait for the update!

10. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Cant wait to own some noobs in PvP battles :). Also hope the update fixes some of the bugs. Like everytime at this very second I try to go to co-op and it boots me to my iPod home screen everytime. Please fix. Also, hope we can customize our characters color and or have are own emblem :).

Edit: THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE BOSS!!!!!!!!!

11. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Hey tso5818, I would recommend you power off your ipod then turn it back on. If that still does not fix it, I would recommend seeing if you have the newest IOS. And if none of that stuff works, I would say you need to re-install the app. Delete it off your ipod/iphone/ipad and then go download it again, you will still keep all of your data. This game is sync'd with your gamecenter account. So once you download it again and connect online it should give you back all of your stuff. (though since you said you cannot connect online, I don't know if you will get all of your stuff back or not...but I would think you would since it is supposed to be sync'd with your gamecenter account. No promises =p)

Yeah I think the game is really well put together at this moment, but I hope they keep at-least one boss killer weapon gold purchasable (e.g. M-2781 or Laser Cannon) because if they add new ones and they are both mithril only purchasable..I would be very depressed. UNLESS they make mithril much easier to collect...but I don't think they will be doing that this next update.

Also hope the armor from now on will only stay gold purchasable..it will make PVP very unbalanced if it is not.

12. ava hovnanian

ava hovnanian New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    The only 3D game I like is temple run. The rest are too heavy for a smart phone. For an Iphone you need simple and fun games

13. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #493 Asasnator, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    Well I don't know how you can compare this game and temple run except that the only thing that is similar is that you could find both of the games under "action" in the app store.

This game not a quick spend 1 to 2 hrs and unlock everything and then the rest is skill, like temple run. This game could take you about two weeks or so to unlock most of the nonIAP content if you play about an hour or two a day. Also this game is a TPS and temple run is a...running type, get the highest score you can type game, completely different categories.

But yeah, if you don't want to spend a lot of time on a game that may take some time to get use to and have to grind for better gear, I would not recommend this for you. Definitely is not a "quick play a match and put down" type of game if you get what I'm saying.

14. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I just got out of college, but yea i did everything you said before hand. Nothing happened. I have 5.0.1 firmware not the 5.1. Maybe that could be why, i doubt it. I deleted my app a couple times before and nothing seemed to be working. I already told the developer before when this happened. That is why they had an update fixing the some bugs in the game. Now its occurring again. So, i will wait till the update comes out. See if it gets fixed.

Also, looking at reviews about the game on the app store, a bunch of people say they are getting the same exact problem as i am.

15. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Yeah...I didn't mean 5.1 IOS I quickly edited that out after I posted the message, so I don't know how you saw it. =p Yeah 5.0.1 is the newest IOS that I know of.

Hm..I haven't had that issue at all..I mean my game sometimes crashes here and there..really don't know why, its pretty random. But it isn't very frequent especially with the amount I have played.

16. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Anyone able to beat the last boss on Co-op? The one time we came close to fighting it, there was one last minion to kill and he was stuck underground. We could see him poking through but couldn't shoot him.

17. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Yea in my settings on my iPod it says I have a 5.1 update. Lol. When I play the game, everytime I go to co-op and try to play the game it crashes. Everytime.....

Just hoping this update coming out is good and not a let down like other games, that just had updates.

18. jersmith8

jersmith8 New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hey Asasnator, I was having similar problems as tso5818 so I took your advice and deleted the app and reinstalled it. I still have my achievements from the gamecenter but everything else has reset. Please tell me there's something I can do to get all my gear and everything back. I can connect online Im just not getting anything back which is incredibly frustrating.

19. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #499 Asasnator, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    @jersmith8

Well you have to had been connected and sync'd with your gamecenter account, but if you never had a gamecenter account then I'm sry, your out of luck =[. Though you can go to their website, which is where I was told it saves to your gamecenter account. Also when you download the app, their is a "gamecenter icon" right next to the info of the game which indicates its gamecenter compatible and any game compatible with gamecenter (atleast with the experience I have had, I have switched my Ipod out like twice now and all my data has been kept on my gamecenter account) will save your data and whenever you log back on with your gamecenter account it should give you back all of your data. Try connecting to the co-op servers, that might give your stuff back..possibly.

Though..if you said yes to "do you want to remove this game from your gamecenter" then you removed all of your data..

I believe it asks you two questions when you try to delete your game. It asks "are you sure you want to delete this app" "Yes or No" then once you hit yes, it will ask "Do you want to remove this game from your gamecenter account" "Yes or No" and if you say yes again, it will erase all of your data. =[

@fffan7777

That is a common glitch on boss levels, and the reason from what I can tell that monsters get stuck underground or get stuck outside the level IS when a player dies and or quits the match and if a monster was currently "trying" to spawn, it will freeze up and not actually fully spawn leaving it stuck underground or outside of the level. If that happens you just have to quit the match and hope it doesn't happen next time. It has only happened like 15 or so times to me and I'm rank 12 with like 65mil extra gold waiting for this next update and I haven't paid for any IAPs on this game. So I have played it a lot and it hasn't happened very frequently. Though I hope they fix it in the next update. You MIGHT be able to kill it with a RPG..though I have not tried, lol.

If you are having trouble actually KILLING the boss I will gladly help ya, just send me a PM and we can try to get a time for both of us to play. =]

Hey guys, check this out http://www.ifreyr.com/ This is their website, look at the new armor and weapon, pretty sick. I believe it shows 3 new armors...so this next update has me excited! CAN'T wait for it. =]

20. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Geez! It takes a while for me to earn 1 mil and you have that much? I'm only level 9, but I have the 3rd to last suit. I think having the last suit would really help with survivability; the only thing that turns me off from it is that the body costs 120 diamonds :(. Other than that, bosses are pretty easy, it's just annoying when people die halfway through fighting it or decide to not shoot anymore (regardless if they ran out of ammo are expecting others to kill them). Then, it's just frustrating that they have 2x/3x the amount of health compared to when fighting it when you go in by yourself.

Looking at the cost of upgrading stuff is kinda intimidating even though I enjoy grinding for money.