Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #261 Guise, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    This may be obvious and already asked/answered, but what exactly does the Time Skill equipment do? I have two equipped and have been doing pretty well in the game but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Kire

Kire Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #262 Kire, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    The game is pretty good and I'm really enjoying it. I just saw this morning a review from Kotaku and I'm glad for it.
    Don't missunderstand me, I like it, but a few tweaks would be nice
    • A status screen: I just found out that I've been gaining levels, however, I'm not quite sure what changed. Am I faster? Am I stronger?
    • A better explaination of the efect of the cards: I'm not sure what's the efect of the fire card on my sword, same with the poison one
    • The next card won't spawn in the same spot as the last one you grabed: pretty simple, some times I grab a card, but end up seing two efects and the sword has another element.
    • Extend the plataforms at the edges: it's weird when there are monsters spawning at the exact same spot where I'm supossed to grab my next card, maybe making a bigger plataform, and separating both spawn areas would help.
    • Lower some plataforms: something weird happens in the first map, some times I'm able to reach the edge plataforms from the ground and some times I'm not.
    • More variety of items: how about equipment that gives you higher jumps (or maybe triple jump), a metroid-like jump attack, longer sword range, higher defense, faster movement, extra experience, etc.
    • Fixthat grab X cards missions: you could either fix the dificulty of the waves or reduce the amount of cards a little, you can see here that all players are complaining how hard those missions are.

Attached Files:

• map1.jpg
      map1.jpg
      File size:
      462.5 KB
      Views:
  3. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Disappointing

Why is it not available in Germany? WWII is over, man ;)

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Knowledge is power. This is the type of mission where you need to know what to do rather than dish it out. It's pretty easy once you know what to do.

What i like about these "get X cards" missions is that they change the way one should play. It's the entire strategy that changes and not just about getting stronger.

5. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Those grab X card missions are perfectly fine.. No balancing issues there, at all. Put on a dodge % helmet and you're fine as long as you just bounce around chasing cards.

6. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Those quests are probably the easiest in the whole array of missions, i was shocked to see this post. The only easiest one is to kill the certain number of mobs. But the getting cards it by far the easiest..

7. Chopper12

Chopper12 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Sorry for my couple of days of not posting guys, been a hectic few days. But this skill makes the cards last longer, when you get a card, it has a time limit before it wears off, this makes it last longer. It is really only helpful if you get trapped for some reason.

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks for the reply!

9. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    It's worth it. Controls need to be updated though but it's loads of fun.

10. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    The updated has already been submitted and should be available shortly. :D

This includes Pro Swipe AND manual placement, meaning you can choose exactly where the 4 icons go (Left Movement, Right Movement, Jump, Attack.)

11. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Idk. I have no problem with the controls at all. What's wrong with them? I don't get it. I get how they're not so great on the iPad though.

12. mvidaure

mvidaure New Member

May 1, 2012
    freelance game writer
    CA
    Definitely loving this game. Lots of typos and weird phrasing but the gameplay is fantastic ; )

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Most of those weird phrasings, are more known as memes. You can look them up. Im sure you'll enjoy the references :)

14. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I like them

15. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Thank's but I don't really need it, because I like the controls just fine.

16. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Yeah. The controls are just fine especially on the iPad.

17. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    How did you know that?? ahah now I'm stuck on it..again ahahah

I'm using almost 7 helmets at a a time (kidding of course, not possible) and I'm still falling into the burning lava..I think I have some coordination problems! Anyway I'm confident I'll get it eventually..and go straightly to the endless mode!
    :D

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im with Knoids. Looking forward to the new missions, locations and possibly new cards.

19. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Awesome. The update, other than the controls, includes Character Reset, Music and Sound Options, Hints ON/OF.

The Content Update is coming along nicely and we already have a fun, new level. That will be submitted when the current update is approved.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sounds good! I hope sales is ever strong so you guys have more reason to update! :D