Hostess Bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Lets all take a moment of silence as we remember the impact the Hostess brands, specifically Twinkies, has had on our everyday lives. Hostess is preparing to shut down and discontinue each of their snack cakes - Twinkies, ding dongs, etc.

Whats your favorite Hostess memory and what do you think this shutdown will do to the world?

2. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

Don't exactly have a "best" memory, but I remember getting yelled at for finishing a box of Twinkies in one sitting.

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Can't say Hostess has had any impact on my life.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Twinkies or hostess products won't die off. The name hostess might but I highly doubt it as they are in forced negotiations with the worker union. Expect to see twinkies and other hostess goods returning to shelves soon and a whole bunch of outraged idiots who stockpiled hostess goods to sell for $5,000 on ebay

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Same here, probably due to not living in a country where they sell their products. I had my first ever Twinkie (well, half of one) about three weeks ago. It was quite nice, I'd eat more, but I'm not too bummed about the fact I won't be able to.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Same here. Didn't really like the Twinkie particularly.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I managed to make a stop at my local supermarket a few days ago and stock up on cupcakes, donettes, pies, and honey buns. Couldn't find any twinkies unfortunately. Really hoping another company buys the recipes off them. Hostess apparently made around $70 million this year off the twinkies alone.

8. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    They haven't had any impact on my life at all- only impact was making me think their products are gross. Then first time I had a Twinkie, I was thinking 'people actually like this crap? Gross. Way too sweet'. So many people talk about how great they are, but after eating one... Just avoid them.

I honestly won't miss them if they do go away. Just means less processed junk available on shelves. Will suck for all the people losing their jobs though.

The only product they make that I'm OK with is their tiny donuts. I never buy them for myself, but if a friend has some, they make for a decent late night snack. Even those are little 'eh' though.

I will say that they are better than Little Debbie's. That crap is even more disgusting.