Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    I kept getting random friend requests, too; I have no idea how people are finding me on GC or why they're picking me, as I've only ever founds "friends" by looking up specific user names. I pretty much only accept friend requests if I see that we have friends in common--for me that's a pretty sure sign that they're a fellow PF player and / or from this thread! :cool:

--Q

2. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26322 XXXBR, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    Hi BW27............. Thank you for frog-friendship .... I enjoyed it especially as we were dexing templums at the same time .... I do hope you will get through this period in your life unharmed and wish you happiness and peace for the future ...... Please get in touch if/ when you decide to come back here .... XXXBR

3. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Mailbox Delete

Maybe it is a way to encourage stamp 'purchases'. If it were a Pro Sop item, I'd be willing to pay for it just like the Babyproof Kit and the Express Mailbox. I'm probably not the only one.

Take care.
    Mal

4. Ms. Gum

Ms. Gum New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Hey everyone! I've recently come back to PF after a long absence to find a huge assortment of new froggies! I've started to organize my habitats to be asthetically pleasing with my favourite background but now I am looking for some accessories.

If anyone has spare red accessories, or gold/silver coins, I would be very grateful! I can send accessories of similar happiness value or frogs in return!

I am also looking for a mustacium and a foramen of any colour.

Add my GC: Ms. Gum. Thanks to everyone, I will send things in return as well. :)

5. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I wouldn't be willing to pay just to delete frogs in the MB because I feel it really should be a feature made all the more important by NB's mistake of not marking all NEW frogs as NEW. It shouldn't be just another money-maker for NB (like "potions for taming" a real rip-off & huge annoyance, IMO).

OTOH, I would pay for an Express Nursery or for more habs or for a larger MB. NB maintains these changes would be too hard for it would make data incompatible from one version to another. I cling to the belief that NB will somehow find a way.

BTW, all, my Weekly Set is complete & has been redeemed. Request by tomorrow morning or I'll send it to *someone* so if you want it, don't be shy.

6. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    I also, will miss you, BlueWater27. Your posts were fun to read and thought-provoking. May your future be filled with blessings! Hope you can come back some day. :)

Thanks again to Lisi for the Giving Gifts set (finally coming through my backlogged MB.) Will be ready to send to someone possibly tomorrow evening. Please let me know.

Thanks also Frogparent0 and Maholah
    and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good night to everyone. :)

7. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Sad to see you leave BW27. Hope you work out your problems and return soon. take care!

thank yous
    cocos frondis - martinz
    green lunaris - awboj
    marine hennae - mirx
    azure geminus - flip
    lights in the tree set - yasha
    green symphonia - grace
    violet pictoris - meplie
    golden orbis - snappy
    olive igneous - julesfish
    2 orange fortunos - dom
    violet ornatus & purple lunaris - jake
    cocos flecto - maholah
    royal papilio - andi
    pink pluma - dean

8. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hello.... Thanks to forum friends for gifts received:

Awboj - levar
    Meplie - mazeus
    Mahula - pistrix
    Quossum - pluma
    Dlstar - several nasus & ingneous

And anyone I may have left out!

XXX

9. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hello All! Happy New Year!

I am new to this forum, and I hope I am not breaking any rules by requesting with my first post.

I am in need of any type of Symphonia (level 27). If a trade is needed, I am willing to trade any other type of species.

Thanks,
    RQuilt

10. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Welcome to forum RQuilt .... Sorry I can't help as I'm currently on level 25, but I'm sure you'll get your frog shortly ..... People here are very generous ..

Just found this Album cover by chance ....
    Janus frog design inspiration?

XXX

Attached Files:

11. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey

I found this regarding Janus...

The Janus species is a level 27 (legendary) breed of frogs. The name Janus is also the name of the Roman god Janus, who is the god of beginnings and transitions, and most prominently known for having two faces.

The frog bears two faces facing each other, looking slightly up. The eyes of the faces are placed where the real frog's eyes are, creating the effect that the faces have the eyes, and not the frog.

12. tcrown

tcrown Member

Nov 18, 2010
    First Snow Set

Looking for first snow set or just the Albeo Signum and Albeo Glacio, very much appreciated.
    photonayan

13. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I have a Synphonia for you, please send me a friend request .. dean288367

14. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Looks like you found your Symphonia, Rquilt, thanks to dean.

Not sure there are any "rules" to break here. People have asked for things before you in their first post, so you're not the first. That said, it's sometimes easier & potentially less awkward to make a request once one has become a contributor to the forum in some way & learned how it functions as a community.

If you've read anything about this forum at all, you'll realize that it is populated by many generous people who are far along in the breeding process & have excellent ideas to share.

I'm more of a casual player so I'm not accepting "friends" at this time. Don't take it personally. Indeed, no one asking for a frog who is new here should take it personally. It's the only way I have discovered to reduce mailbox clog. But, hey, that's just me & I'm a true outlier.

Well, guys, with no one speaking up for the Happy 2013 Set, I randomly sent it out to Martin. Hope you needed it!

p.s.: Thanks for the many froggy surprises from Snappy for the Cochlearis, dean for the Flecto, & Martin for the Infinitus. You'll be happy to know they are doing swimmingly. One potential problem: the Infinitus talks so incessantly & endlessly to the Cochlearis that I'm kind of afraid it'll talk his ear off!

15. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    There were no takers on "Giving Gifts" set, so I sent them to Danjarus. :)

Thanks to Dean, Dtl1081, Nirtew, Miamare23,

A nice evening to everyone. :)

16. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Hi, somehow missed your post. If you still need the Foramen send me a friend request I will send one your way. GC id is dean288367 :)

Do you still need the Symphonia ? Please send me a friend request and I will get it sent. GC id same as forum name :)

If your GC id is different than your forum name, please put something in the friend request so that I know which frog to send you.

17. SnappyMcfrog

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Reached Level 33 today when breeding an Orange Fractus request frog! It is much easier to level up than before the update with the new breeds' higher XP values. :cool:

Thanks to Bluewater27, Dean, Dom, Dtl1081, JoEllynO, KHopp25, Maholah, Miamare,
    I am a little behind on my mailbox :)

Good evening to everyone.

18. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Hey guys. Long time no see. I just wanted to say i havent been able to play lately and i honestly dont plan too anytime soon. Thank you to everyone for every frog they ever sent me. If you want to remove me from GS I understand. Thanks again and I'll be back eventually.

19. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26339 XXXBR, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Take care spearcom .... I am still breeding the templum starter set you kindly sent me when I first joined forum ...

.Thanks to those of you who are still playing for great frog gifts!

Lisiane - fractus
    Shortbus - for a formidable collection of emblemas and a gyrus

Arcus and Acis ....received Unfortunately didn't note down the sender(s)....

XXX

PS: Ms.Gum ... I sent you a GC friend request
    I also missed your post ... I think it popped up at a later stage... I am breeding a mustacium for you ... It will be ready in a couple of days ....

Something else: I noticed a while ago that the way posts are dated on my app are about 6 month or so in the future .... Today's date for example is the 19th of June 2013 ... Is anyone else experiencing this glitch ???

20. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey

Thanks Dean! I just sent a freind request. Sorry for the late reply as I haven't been around the last few days.