Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    How do I get pets? Is it possible, the screenshots on the AppStore shows a character with a pet

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The hunter class and the necromancer class has skills where you can summon pets

I think higher than that! And its not too bad. Once you've completed the game you'll be anle to take down enemies pretty in the coliseum. You get tons of exp there

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To unlock every skill just finish the story, and replay it going with a different class route. Everytime you start a new game+, you get back to level 1, but you retain all skills you have learned.

This is the way to create your perfect character. Once you have learned all skills, you can again replay so you can allocate stat points any way you want it.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I think I will get all the skills in the first run, so in my second run I can make a mega death coliseum champion!

I started out just primarily going ninja/rouge, but there are so many good abilities I couldn't help myself saying 'oh I only need to spend one skill point to get that (other class) skill...'

And am I the only one that doesn't allocate their skill points until they are at the tavern to maximise skill learning potential?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For one class, you can. Maybe even 2. Then you'll be levelling up too slow to be able to get the stats required to learn other class skills. If you want to learn all skills for all classes, you have to play the game multiple times.

6. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ah ok then- for now I will focus on rouge/ninja. Then I think il do a knight/paladin/barbarian, then wizard/witch/necromancer, and lastly a...monk/battlemage/archer/bard?

I have a feeling that last one won't work so well...

Edit: I'm a level 12 rouge/ninja currently, and all the next dungeons are really tough. How should I level up quickly? The arena is too tough.

7. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    #2827 cooltea, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Well there is always the generalist skill : the first time I finished the game I had unlocked all skills for all character class (had started with a Rogue but that time I did not unlock the ninja class which resulted in the lastest areas being really hard, started the game again but as a Bard, this time things were A LOT easier).
    @Duivs: ... or that! Actually do as Exact-Psience says, you'll enjoy the game more (except for the grinding).

Well that's what I did at some point.

People have suggested that it's easier in the areas where enemies are grouped (and then use area of damage attacks). There is the "jello-blob cave" and the "bandit village" (sorry I cannot remember the exact name of the areas), where you come in a screen, the portcullis comes down behind you and you have to fight a number of waves before the portcullis opens again. As a rogue that's what I did (at least for some time before giving up).

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    New content?

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Haha sorry, the thread has been active recently because I decided I might stir up a conversation.

I don't know about any new content or updates.

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah this one takes up a lot of room so I'm wondering whether I can just delete it if done with game+.

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah no new content as of now, some other day though :D

They've been busy with zombieville 2. An update for that should be just around the corner

12. kdavis220

kdavis220 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Damn, lol. You guys got me hyped up when I saw that this was getting some conversations...thinking an update hit I didn't know about.

Back to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

13. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Okay, even though I bought this the moment it was released, I am just playing it for the first time now. I feel lost, I mean I played Battleheart to death several times over so I understand the type of grinding involved, but... I take on the very first quest, and the location (gloomy forest) is sparkling in an obvious way, but no matter how many times I finish that location I go back to town and the guy is simply offering me the quest again from scratch. Every time I go to the World map, the gloomy forest is sparkling.

What am I missing?

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    What does the quest say to do? Are you turning in the quest and then he just offers the same quest again?

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Go to the tavern (bar) in Eston, and talk to both the bard and the guy with an exclamation over his head.

16. kaibosh

Jun 14, 2012
    Errr... Never mind, I have it all sorted out. The way the maps and sub-maps are setup was a little confusing. I'm on my way. Wow, what a gorgeous engine. Just... Stunning.

17. kaibosh

Jun 14, 2012
    Okay, I've played the game for no small amount of time, just wanted to leave my thoughts on it. (I also read most of the thread, sheesh). First of all, there certainly was a little too much hype around this game, while it has spectacular graphics and production values it is also fairly empty and clunky. There simply is no 'R' as in RPG here, no role or story or cohesive plot of any kind. In the first Battleheart this was obvious, the sectors were merely strung together like beads along a string. Here, with a fully explorable map and a rich 3D world, the complete lack of a plot or story of any kind feels like a gaping hole.

While the same game mechanics as the first work great, there are a few extremely clumsy things about it I can't believe weren't tweaked or patched after the fact. Opening a chest is a perfect example - why the bizarre and clumsy series of events to do so? You should be able to open a chest simply by tapping on it, which would move your character there and voila. Instead, you have to move your character 'within range', triggering a UI event that cannot be cancelled under any circumstances, and then tapping a separate icon to open the chest. Really? Other nagging issues include not being able to muscle your way past NPC's or pets and a general uneven flow to the 'linked rooms' philosophy. Yes, backing up out of a fight makes things tricky, but it kinda breaks the immersion to be constantly zapping from one area to the next. The engine can obviously handle a continuous flow, which some areas feature.

Above everything else the biggest flaw with this game is a complete and total lack of direction. On one hand you have an NPC handing you a simple quest, leading you to believe that this will be the way things work. Next thing you know, you are completely lost in a dead world, totally oblivious to the fact that you are supposed to gallivant across the map and explore willy-nilly. At first I took tentative steps further from town only to be bootstomped, and then I am grinding Rotten Forest so many times over that by the time I realize that the 'rest of the map' is open I am way overpowered for most of the locations left. You have lvl 8 and 9 areas one inch away on the map, but lvl 6 areas 10 inches away.

I know it seems like this has all been negative review, but honestly this game needed it. This engine and framework could be used to create an epic adventure, but there is no 'R' to be had. That's fine, the grindy battles were what made Battleheart and yes this a spiritual successor, but the transition to a full 3D world should have meant more responsibility in the structure of the game itself. Don't get me wrong, the battles are a blast, and obviously the smorgasbord of skill combinations is what this game is all about (and excels at greatly towards), but is beefing up a character as the only 'goal' enough to make this game a masterpiece? As gorgeous as this game is, I can't help but think that it ended up being a Torchlight clone with all the flowing procedural dungeons, countless species of enemies, and loot stripped away.

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #2838 oscar123967, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    I can see where you're coming from (except for the part where mentioned having 3D visuals = more responsibility), but MikaMobile didn't try to add or story anything, they didn't try to add direction. Its a Battleheart game... Heck, its a MikaMobile game. No story or in depth background, just a fun time waster with gorgeous visuals, intense action, and a world to explore. Which is what I personally look for in a mobile game.

I'd say its pretty clear that the game was not designed to have quests. Theres really only one quest in the game, and thats to kill the final boss. If you want you can just grind your way to the boss without doing any missions at all. If anything, the missions are just a treat. They're just presenting extra exp for something you'll eventually do anyways.

This is the game: You're dropped in a gorgeous 3D world and you have a sword. You're then presented a quest to kill the final boss. Kill him. Which way will you go? Thats up to you. Here is this world, I want you to explore it, level up and gain new abilities, become a complete maniac or complete hero. That is what I absolutely love about this game.

The game focuses on exploration and battle. And if you look at the game from that proper perspective, its one hell of a game.

I personally haven't had issues with the controlling the game. I guess they either work or not depending on how you game on your device.

The chest opening isnt too bad... I mean what if you're in the middle of combat and accidentally tap the chest? You're done for. I think the current mechanic is best and Its really just two taps, its not like theres any loading or anything. Its how the whole interacting system works, tap on x then tap on an option that is presented to you. Does he really have to create a whole new script just for chests? I don't think its that necessary nor do I think its considered an issue.

(Also you can tap 3 fingers simultaneously to dismiss a target. There is also an option to make it so that if you tap and it'll make you move towards that object, but I do recommend having it off as occasionally it'll get pretty annoying in certain situations.)

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. I think one of the best things was the open world nature of it rather than a linear path. Explore the land. Do missions in the order you want (or can). Learn the main story. It's a great game

20. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    +1 even though I agree with kaibosh some things may be clunky but some are directly related to having an open-world game.