Universal Forever Lost ( by Glitch Games )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Hmm, the logo reminds me of the BioShock logo for some reason, not that that's anything.

*edit*

[​IMG]

This looks a lot like a "100 rooms" type game which are fun and yet "rip your hair out" frustrating. I might have to give this a shot... =)

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I would love to try it. Thanks.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I would love to try your game. Too many point and click adventure games either are too simple or too obtuse; with the puzzles either having very little to do with the story or lacking context.

As someone who bought a CD-Rom drive shortly after they were released (can you say Myst?); having played everything from the old Sierra titles (Police Quest was my favorite...strike that, Space Quest), the Zork adventure games, through the live action phenomenon (Seventh Guest, etc), to the strange Japanese horror puzzle/action games (Clock Tower was a great one)...

Well, I'de like a code ;)

4. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Would like to try this..Hope I can get a code..:)

5. Dusk K.

Dusk K. Active Member

Jun 13, 2012
    It's been a while since I played an adventure game... So I'd like a code.:)

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hi,
    I'm a fan of thinking games... May I have a code please so that I can try this and rate it?

Thanks

7. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I hope i am on time. Really like puzzle games and this game looks great !

8. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    And that I believe is all 25 :) Sending out messages now.

9. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    #29 drloony, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    I'd like a code pls, thank you
    Edit: Whoops, didn't see there was none left, missed it

10. rajul13.07

rajul13.07 Active Member

Oct 1, 2012
    awww i'm late sad :( , if you are still giving codes, can you give me please , thanks.

11. shakey_storm

shakey_storm Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Am i too late to the promo code thing? :)

12. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry yea they are all gone now ( if I missed you off by accident please get in touch ), but for the first week of release you can get it for the low low price of 69p/$0.99

13. shakey_storm

Jun 20, 2012
    Aww, missed it. :S The game looks cool though, will probably d/l it later at home when I get a stabler connection.

I love point & click games, but I'm a wuss, too. So tell me, is your game as scary as the video suggests? ;)

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    It's probably more creepy and unnerving then actual jump out scary, will just put you on your toes and make you feel nervous and uneasy ( or at least that is what we were going for )

15. shakey_storm

Jun 20, 2012
    Ah thanks for the info. :) BTW, I think the music you guys used in the videos are super cool. The first creeped me out, the second was hauntingly sad.

16. Dusk K.

Dusk K. Active Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Played for awhile. Seems interesting and has a nice sense of mystery.

In Schneider's entry in the medical records the last word is hidden by the album and the camera.

17. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We spent a lot of time selecting music so it's nice to know it works :) It's strange, when we use the second song in the game it comes across as a lot more upbeat and adventurous but when we used it in the video we too thought it was really sad and lonely. Amazing really how the visuals can effect the feeling of the music, I always figured it'd be the other way round.

Thanks! Hopefully you continue to like it as it goes on.

Typical, that being the most important part :) If you take a photo of it you will be able to read it.

To save time it is 'freedom'

18. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Code please :)

19. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry there aren't any more now :-( However for the first week of release the game is only 69p

20. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I've literally only had 3 minutes to play it, but first impressions are fantastic! The music is dark and moody; a melancholy violin piece playing as you begin the game. Graphics are superb, and despite being comprised of static screens (liwhich are a feature of nearly all point and click puzzle adventures, including the superb 1110 series), certain visual effects are used (I'm not spoiling ya!) to further draw you in.

Great atmosphere overall. For those asking if it's scary...that isn't the word I would use. Psychological brain**** is a better description. You won't jump out of your seat, but I could see how after playing for a while, with headphones on, you could be slowly drawn into the world and aquire a general sense of...uneasiness is the word, I guess.

I need to make space before I can play some more. Oh yeah, have to charge my battery as well.

I can tell though from my limited play time already that this is a serious production, not something slapped together in 10 minutes to make some quick cash.

I'll end for now by reminding readers of the fact that I'm critical by nature, and more than willingly (as you know if you've followed my posts here) crap on apps, developers, and publishers whom deserve it.

Having said that, this appears to be a little gem. I just have to give it more time to see how lengthy it is and how intuituve the puzzles are.