Universal Little Inferno HD - (by Tomorrow Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Wow. Jaded much?

This game is a blast. Its fun finding out the different combos, watching the different reactions to the stuff that's burning and the story is absolutely hilarious and sweet all at the same time.

Apparently you can't handle people liking something you don't find has merit. Your assumption that we are all blind and like it because we are mindless fools is arrogant and categorically wrong.

This game is fantastic, it's different and it's wonderful. It's not a typical "game", but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

2. cpugeek13

cpugeek13 Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Is it weird that I find this game relaxing? Sometimes I don't want a game that makes me think or challenges me, but rather just lets me goof around and destroy things. This game is perfect for that. Of course, if you want to be challenged, the combos are pretty abstract and some require serious thinking. I think the combos or the story isn't the main part of this game though, the point of it is to burn things!

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The last couple of responses from MidianGTX and prhaber have been helpful. I, too, have been on the fence trying to justify purchasing a game with no distinct gameplay but presents what seems to be a uniquely immersive experience. I also thought this is more of a tech demo and given my uncertainty surrounding how satisfying it would be just to burn items in a furnace, I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger. But, I am closer than I was yesterday...

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Shame they don't have a lite version! More people would give it a go then.

It's an understandable worry - at the start of this forum I posted some quite sceptical posts saying just the same thing about gameplay. Just burning things? How can that be fun? But believe me, saying that this game is just about burning things is like saying COD is just about shooting things, or that Mario Games are just about collecting coins. Unlocking the quirky and unusual items and experimenting with mixing them up is good, fun, explorative gameplay - and the actual fire mechanic is both absorbing and fascinating to watch.

One thing I didn't expect was the atmosphere, 'feel' of the game, strangely creepy story and the sometimes quite shocking effects of burning items. That was the icing on the cake...

5. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    A "lite" version would spoil the enjoyment of it, in my opinion.

For those interested in seeing the "promotional video" that's in-game, it was also used as a teaser for the game originally, and can be found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0TniR3Ghxc

If that doesn't further make you want to buy the game, then really, nothing will. haha

6. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    Hope the YouTube link above makes your mind up for you Coledaddy! Didn't realise it was on YouTube. How can you see that and not want to play the game? Creepy...

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Had I not already owned the game, seen that video and had my jaw drop, I'd have honestly paid $4.99 to own the video. :p

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    This has everything except running, jumping and shooting and is probably the most immersive game I have played in years. Don't know what to compare it too except perhaps an old speccy 'game' called Deus Ex Machina. In two words it's absolutely beautiful.

9. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    Well said!

10. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    You guys can sell me the Brooklyn Bridge, too. I bought the game.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Teh gaim sux. Wai u bai dis?1 Hu towd u iz gewd

12. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    God, I hope you like the game now otherwise I'll feel unending guilt...

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Great game, has kept me highly entertained and I give it a 95%. Couldn't give it 100% because of one particular object in the first catalog that every time I use for a combo, I get really disturbed.

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Anyone figured out what it takes to get the gold border around each item? I suspect gold borders are related to at least one achievement.

15. Prhaber

Dec 16, 2010
    Think it's something to do with the number of times you use an object in a combo, but I could be wrong.

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Spare a thought: given the game structure already in place, how simple would it have been to triple the delivery waiting time and sell stamps via IAP?

Thank you so much, developers, for making real video games.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011

Yep, three buys golds an item and doing so to every single item is good for 100achievement pts.

Only one achievement remains undiscovered for me. "Stay Warm In There", anyone know this one?

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I'm on the fence about this one. I've heard if you like world of goo you will be disappointed. I'm not into the whole games as art thing, it's there a game in here similar to world of goo or this this completely different? I'm really intreged by this I just don't know if its worth the money.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is what happens what you create games out of passion and not for money. Also from developing for PC rather than the twisted, greed-stricken marketplace that is the App Store.

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am absolutely loving this "game". The atmosphere is fantastic and that neighbor sure is creepy. Some of the combos are quite clever and I am finding many of them to be very challenging, but that is where the fun is. Seldom do I spend $5 on an app, but I am very pleased with this purchase.