Neverwinter [Open Beta]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Echoseven, May 1, 2013.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #1 Echoseven, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. Is this a pc game? Or ios? And is it open to play for anyone, or just beta testers?

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's a free PC MMO based in the Neverwinter universe. Dungeons and Dragons stuff. Looks really good and I've just installed the open beta client (open beta is for anyone). Hence the thread in the lounge. ^^

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    If they made a Mac version I would try it. Alas it is Windows only. Not a shock, but oh well.

5. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    #5 Joltrabbit, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    I'm a long-time Champions Online player and Neverwinter shares a chat server with it.

It's fast and fun and you don't have to pay to enjoy the game. Big issue right now: server lag and log in queues into the 10,000 + range.

I'm on Dragon server on @Rejolt (toon name: Jolt Silverstar, control wizard).

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Just downloading the Client. Will probably give it a try later on :D

7. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Good to hear! Login queue is gone so hope to see you in game soon. If you have any questions just ask.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Created myself a nice Dwarf on the same Server as Joltrabbit:

[​IMG]

Will play it probably the next upcoming Days to see how it is and read through the Game Forum to see if I might like it or if I`ll return to my On/Off Online Games Diablo 3/Star Wars: ToR.

So far after the first few Minutes I might really enjoy playing another MMORPG even if it`s Free2Play.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #9 Echoseven, May 2, 2013
    For me there are some pretty obvious similarities between this and TERA. At the moment though, TERA is more enjoyable to play because of the lag.

I mean, I'm getting 50 ping (from NZ, that is incredible) but still have to pre-block/dodge incoming attacks because I get hit halfway through the animation. Apart from that, there really is something there. The basic gameplay is solid enough to have a go, no comment on the late-game though.

Wonder if there are $30 mounts here like in TERA...
    (P.S. in Neverwinter, you can gain the premium currency through gameplay ["dailies"] so it's a lot like Guild Wars 2 in that respect. Definitely more complicated than GW2's system though.)

10. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #10 Joltrabbit, May 2, 2013
    The day one, first few hours lag was brutal. Since Tuesday night things have been much better.

Dragon server shutdown without warning yesterday but the game has been fairly smooth.

Some suggestions: you can make your own chat channel and even remove channels (zone/shout) if the kids are being offensive or annoying.

To adjust settings you have to first press Alt to see your cursor then you can edit the tabs in the bottom left.

Also, you can apparently view the auction house and craft offline! I haven't tried yet as it would kill my productivity at work.