[Com2uS] The Black Friday Sale for a limited time!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by com2us, Nov 21, 2011.

1. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #1 com2us, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    The Black Friday Sale for a limited time!

[​IMG]

Once again, it is time for $0.99 sale. A bunch of our best games for iPhone and iPad are now at $0.99!
    As usual, those sales will not last forever. Get in on the action before it's too late!!

Click here for details.

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

What exactly are the In App Purchases (tons of, up to €15.99) in Tower Defense Lost Earth for? Can you solve all puzzles without them?

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Good luck getting a straight answer to that one from this dev. Actually, any answer at all. I think Com2uS have developed a flexible propaganda droid (FPD) to post all of their advertising material here and clearly believe that to be the required extent of their customer interaction.

4. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Ironically, I've had the iPad version of Tower Defense on my wish list for some time. Went over to take a look at it now, looked over all the IAP, pondered what this company (and a rapidly increasing number of others) have been doing to iOS gaming of late, and just can't bring myself to buy it even for a buck. Maybe it's time for me to think about getting out of iOS gaming.

5. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah i was about to buy Tower Defense for the iPad until I read the latest reviews for their new update for the game that added a horrid IAP system. Basically the game needing money just to recharge the towers and only lasting for that one time use. From the reviews, it seems like the IAP is effecting how the game is played and ruining a once great game.

I don't mind IAP if done right...if it doesn't effect the gameplay like in that Army of Darkness tower defense app or if it's adding a nice good full length chapter like in Steam Pirates (amazing game btw). I haven't played the game com2us TD app, but if the developer really did throw in a sneaky and crappy IAP in an update for a paid game, then major shame on them.

Anyone with the game want to shed some light on the IAP?

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I bought this game before the IAP. As far as I can see, it's the same game. The IAP can give you only an extra advantage compared to the original game. It's a great game.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Piggy Adventure seems like a solid buy for the price :)

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I bought it now (because I can't resist any good td game) and played the first six (of forty) levels in campaign mode (there is also a challenge mode and "special missions") for one hour or so on iPad 2. Got all the medals (easy, normal, hard). Played mostly in x2 mode (fast forward). Only @ level #6 I had to think twice before clearing it on hard without any losses. Seems to ramp up a bit with the difficulty.

The first levels are not difficult and the game is very good for tower defense beginners (last but not least because it's well translated into German).

I didn't need any IAPs until now (even not the bomber). There is a "Power Up" option/screen where you can buy something with diamonds. I had 300 diamonds at the beginning of the game and 300 after the six levels. So it seems you don't earn diamonds by playing and winning.

[​IMG]

Then there is a "shop" where you can buy virtual diamonds with real money. (Reminds me of I Am Rich.)

[​IMG]

(BTW not translated at all. No more descriptions of IAPs even in-game.)

So that's all I can say about IAPs until now. Other than that the game seems to be great. Nothing really new on the genre but very well done. Let's see what comes. Will pick it up again for sure.

You are right, Gabrien. The OP (tA user Com2uS, obviously the developer of the game) edited his posting one hour after I posted my polite query. So he must have seen it.

I am almost with you. Recently I found myself looking on other consoles and platforms… IAPs are the worst things Apple invented. And they spoil the fun absolutely.

It can't be the job of app reviewers or customers to solve that "IAP puzzle" (when I want to play a puzzle I'll BUY one) in almost EACH new (or recently updated) game. That is really annoying!! The devs should clearly declare all that in the MAIN APP DESCRIPTION in iOS iTunes App Store!!! With screenshots like above!

Devs!!! Look how a description of In App Purchases (IAP) or Downloadable Content (DLC) should look like. The touchArcade editor (not a dev) shows it:

http://toucharcade.com/2011/11/14/snuggle-truck-now-free-to-play-with-new-in-game-dlc-options/

Without a detailled explanation like this I'll skip ALL iOS games with IAPs unseen even when there exists the danger that I miss some great ones like this (maybe—should I be able to enjoy it for another hour without IAPs I wouldn't regret the buck).

In short I can tell so far:

Tower Defense: Lost Earth HD​

For profs recommended for at least 60 min gameplay
    For beginners highly recommended for at least 120 min gameplay

9. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    I am really sad to see IAP getting into well designed games. Tower Defense was also top one on my wish list. Now, with these reviews I can't think of any reason to pay $.99 for it. :(

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I've had Tower Defense for a while now and it's a great game, but I haven't played it since the last update (which I think was last week). I need to get back to it to see if IAPs truly ruined the game.

I've pretty much been in the habit of updating games as they come along to keep me from having like 20 or 30 "updates" listed. But I'm starting to think I need to check these forums every time an update comes just to make sure it's not something that's going to screw me over.

Not sure about TD yet, but the last To-Fu update left me raw with the addition of ads. It's sad that I now feel the need to "filter" updates.

11. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You can def. beat the whole game w/o IAPs. It's a fun TD game. :)

EDIT: I played through it all pre-update...so actually, I can't say it's still beatable w/o IAPs. Horrible news if they ruined it with that! :(

12. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #12 foxmulderino, Nov 21, 2011

I've finished the game without iAPs of any sort...anyway, later levels - also on easy mode - are a bit challenge for the brain's multitasking work they require... you will see! :D

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Did you play it before the update that added a bunch of IAPs?

14. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #14 foxmulderino, Nov 21, 2011
    No, also after the update (replayed it)! I labouriously managed to ignore the new ones ...
    In any case I hate IAPs with all my forces...I prefer to delete a game rather than buy IAPs to facilitate (ruin) it

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It's like cable TV - when cable first came out, the reason you bought it was so you did not have to watch ads. Now cable has more ads than over air TV ever had. Unfortunately a (necessary?) spinoff of capitalism. They have to earn money, and it's not up to the consumer how much is enough.

At least with the app store, one can choose to purchase from which developer, which is not true with cable which typically has utility type monopoly where you live.

I guess com2us goes on my list of devs that you have to scrutinize their games prior to purchase. What a drag.

16. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Com2us don't need to be scrutinized at all since it's more than clear by now anything they release will be loaded with IAP. Certain other developers fall into the same category as well.

The real problem is the ever increasing number of smaller and much less known developers jumping onto the bandwagon. It is currently impossible to tell at release whether or not a game has IAP unless the developer chooses to disclose this in the app description. It used to be that IAP in a given unknown game was the exception. The opposite is quickly becoming the norm: the exception is becoming the lack of IAP.

17. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Personally, I never buy any paid games with IAP, with the exception of new modes, aka TTl/future tiny heros. Once I have already paid, I dont want to be sold to again.

18. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

Wanted to buy Tower Defense HD: LE but wasn't aware of the whole IAP thing. :confused:

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I don't have the game..but from what I gather, the IAP isn't necessary to beat the game. I do think it sucks they added IAP, but it sounds like its to just make it easier to beat the levels?

I'm pretty burnt out by tower defense games in general..but I may bite on the HD version of Tower Defense since the lite version was pretty fun to me.

20. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    I bought the game when it came out so I paid $4.99 now with the IAP I found it extremely difficult on later levels even on easy mode. Towards the end I cannot even survive the levels. Note I played them when it came out and have perfect wins but now even surviving is daunting.
    I really hate it. I think Apple needs to step in and make it mandatory for developers to declare when they are changing the game into an IAP, and give us The choice of not updating.