GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    What generation of iPod touch? Could be your device is running out of memory? Did you try restarting the device?

2. kittenrogue

kittenrogue Member

Oct 7, 2010
    It's a 2nd gen iPod touch. I've restarted it but get the same bug. Maybe I'll try installing the game on my iPhone and get my game via the cloud save, and see if it's a hardware issue.

3. kittenrogue

kittenrogue Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yep, that did it! And holy CRAP, the game is sooooo much faster and more beautiful on an iPhone, I can't believe I didn't switch over sooner!

4. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I remember playing this game like a year ago, was an awesome game and I recommend it to any RPG fan out there!

5. kittenrogue

kittenrogue Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Uthu's Fortress bug

Ok so now, I am having a bug at Uthu's Fortress. I can kill the orcs and rally the soldiers, but I haven't been able to beat Uthu yet. However, it doesn't help that every time I die, all my followers are gone and all of the baddies are back, so I basically have to redo the same fights over and over and over=. It's like Groundhog Day.

If I want to kill Uthu, I basically have to play the whole fortress in one sitting and kill him in one battle, which I have not been able to do. Any tips?

6. Francojuandaniel

Francojuandaniel New Member

May 25, 2012
    it is in the icy outlands in a terror bird nest

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wow this is free I think we need the shocked panda lol

8. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ooh a free rpg?

On a scale of one to ten how much effort should I put in deleting games to make space for this?

1 being don't bother
    2 being delete apps carefully
    10 being reformat iPad and install nowz!!!!

Yes or no?

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Is a 20 good enough to delete games plus you can always reinstall

10. 11. There is no other RPG on the iOS that comes even close to the depth of this at the moment. That could change with Ravensword 2 though, which is made by the same developer.

11. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    #2971 visionwebs, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Sweet 20 and 11 :)

I'ma get this later then!

20 on that scale must buy a new iPad just for this :D

12. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    I bought this game a while back but haven't had much time to play it. I liked the bit that I did play. I'm curious as to how long this one will take to fully complete?

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Eli said 30 plus hours

14. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    Sounds good, thanks.

15. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Is there a stat distribution guide any where around here?

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Holy sh*t, this is free?!? This is the most expensive app I've ever bought and I don't regret one cent. Awesome game. Now's your chance to FREAKING smash that download button!!!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This was one of my stand out moments on owning an iOS device.

I previously really enjoyed Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2, then discovered Aralon. I hate to say it but after a few minutes i closed the app and played something else. I came back to it about a fortnight later and then i was hooked !

You start off slowly killing some bear or something if i remember rightly. Of course the world suddenly expands and you realise what a HUGE game it really is.

I loved every minute of this, theres not tons of games i play non stop but this was one of them. So many missions, adventures, caves to discover. I remember the sewers being a huge mass of tunnels and entrances, loved it.

It was the right level of difficulty, nothing too crazy you just give up or that.

I suppose at the time (was it $10 ?) the price seemed huge, i bought this for i think $7 and it was a bargain. Huge amounts of fun with this game, its like an offline Order & Chaos. It was my own iOS version of an 'Ultima' style game i had been looking for for ages.

Great graphics, huge maps and missions, a very very impressive game.

When Ravensword 2 comes out i want to buy that asap at the full price to say a big thankyou to the dev (And the more of us who buy this game at release price the more chance we have of seeing Aralon 2/Ravensword 3) etc.

An epic game and one of my all time favourites on iOS. To think i didnt bother with an ipod for ages because i thought 'they would be full of crappy tiny mobile phone type games'. A game like Aralon blew me away and made me realise what a powerful mobile games platform iOS is.

5/5 stars for sure

For people who are 'on the fence' about deleting a few apps for this classic, theres no question on whether you should do it or not. Dont just take my view, check any major iOS website for a review, everyone rated this game very highly and rightly so. I cant wait for Ravensword 2 next week

18. gooby

gooby New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Unable to save, did use lower-case email

Hi all, has anyone else had trouble lately with cloud uploads? I did see the email earlier in the thread which mentioned using lower-case. That didn't work for me, nor did using a different email address. I do get the emails with my 4-digit code.

I am prepping my ipad for sale and need to transfer my games from the ipad to the ipod touch (yes, I'm downgrading). I made an in-app purchase or 2 and would like to not lose those or have to start over.

Any tips for solving this would be appreciated (besides the lower-case email as I already tried that...lol). Thanks!

19. AralonWarrior1

AralonWarrior1 New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Aralon keeps crashing

Hi,
    I am unable to enter icefang's lair (moutain pass) located on the outlands map. Everytime I try to enter, the application crashes. Any tips as to how to avoid that, will be appreciated.

Also, I wanted to know if my stats are good, I have not enhanced all my stuff yet but still:
    Lvl 43 warrior
    Attack 311
    Critical 19%
    Health 2064
    Energy 2264
    Defense 242
    Parry 60%
    Block 0%

I wield two axes- look cool
    Also, I killed both ug and og. I didnt know I could get the power to levitate from helga's ring but oh well- I was just starting out.

Also, I was able to kill Uthru at lvl 42. I thought other quests might be the problem (why I was unable to enter the mountain pass).

Anyway, any ideas as to how I should approach the situation?

Thanks.

20. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Same here, cloud saves don't work. Any chance for iCloud support in the future?